Holiday cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a holiday booked for May 2017. Balance is due on Saturday.I have been watching the forums for Fuerteventura Caleta de Fuste beach works. These were due to be completed in October 2016. I have since discovered they are still on going.

We booked the hotel back in April 2016 and were not ever notified of works to beach.

However we chose the hotel as it is right on the beach. But are now disappointed as this will ruin our holiday.

I do not want to change to another hotel. I am happy to change to another suitable date when works are finished. Or would just like my deposit back.

Where so I stand with this I have checked Tcs but they have not notified me of change they just hand out leaflets on the bus. (written on forums) Is it classed as an event out of their control?

Hi,

I have a holiday booked for May 2017. Balance is due on Saturday.I have been watching the forums for Fuerteventura Caleta de Fuste beach works. These were due to be completed in October 2016. I have since discovered they are still on going.

We booked the hotel back in April 2016 and were not ever notified of works to beach.

However we chose the hotel as it is right on the beach. But are now disappointed as this will ruin our holiday.

I do not want to change to another hotel. I am happy to change to another suitable date when works are finished. Or would just like my deposit back.

Where so I stand with this I have checked Tcs but they have not notified me of change they just hand out leaflets on the bus. (written on forums) Is it classed as an event out of their control?

I don't think you have any rights to change the date of your holiday, due to works to the nearby beach, unless the Hotel was sold with the beach being a significant feature.. If you want to change the dates, then you need to speak to the company you booked the holiday with and pay the relevant fees.

Your problem is that the beach may not be considered a significant factor in your contract. It is not the same as say ongoing works to the hotel.

Also you don't know that the beach works won't be completed by May, give that it is only February now.

I would suggest that you don't withold payment of the remaining amount for the holiday. Speak to the Tour Operator or your agent about the ongoing works and what they are prepared to do, if the beach works spoilt your holiday. I can't see the point in delaying the holiday due to the beach. As you might appreciate in the Canary Islands, planned works sometimes can be delayed for years and not just months. I don't think the Tour Operator or Agent can guarantee anything regarding the beach, but you must allow them the chance to offer an alternative hotel if necessary, if the holiday hotel did specifically mention the beach as a main feature.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I understand things have to be done to improve areas. However the main reason for booking this particular hotel was the beach. This is a small part of what the brochures says about hotel.

AT A GLANCE

On the beach

2 big pools

Buffet restaurant

Free Wi-Fi zones

Beach works now expected to be completed December 2017.

This beachside hotel comes with a duo of pools and restaurants, and it’s big on activities, too.

There are 2 lagoon pools and 2 restaurants – 1 does buffets, the other is a speciality grill. You’ve also got an A to Z of activities, while in the evening there’s entertainment in the theatre.

Location-wise, this hotel hits the right spot. It’s right on a sandy beach, and it’s just a few minutes’ walk from shops and bars in the centre of Costa Caleta.

Edited by 4247diane

But you did not book the beach as such and were aware that there was work being done. The date of completion of those works is most likely outside of the control of the hotel and the tour operator.

I don't think you have any rights to demand any change or part refund. All you can do is speak to the tour operator or agent and voice your concerns of a holiday that is not going to be as you were sold, as the beach works mean it will be unavailable for use. They might be able to make enquiries about availability of other hotel choices and come back to you.

The canary islands has always been like this. I am sure i have read of a resort in Tenerife where the planned beach works have been put off for more than 5 years. Hence why changing your travel dates hoping for a beach is likely to be a waste of time. I don't think the tour operator would allow it anyway and you would have to see what they can do to change hotel or resort.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A beach renovation scheme was started in early 2016 and will take 10 months to complete. The plan involves excavation of rocks; replenishment of the sand; the creation of pedestrian walkways across the sand; planting of trees; the provision of showers and public toilets; improved beach access to cater for disabled visitors; and the extension of the beach southwards, in front of the Geranios Suites Hotel. The work is now behind schedule (Jan 2017) and is not likely to be finished until March 2017. The new beach in front of the Geranios Hotel is open, but the remainder is still closed to the public.

taken from this site if you email him he will be able to give you updated info. this is not a company but someone who lives there. http://www.caletafuerteventura.com/the-beach

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS