Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

size the spreadsheet then
    file print
    print to PDFicon

print active sheets only

fit all cols to one page

or simply attach you .xls files!
    but remove your details.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder andyep Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2015

Default Re: Reclaim charges.

Thanks dx100uk ,will give it a go at weekend,

Thanks Andy.

Cant seem to get it to work and dont seem to have any .xls files , going to delete everything and start again ,

also I have found on the newday statements a number of "shopping cover" charges
    and on the shop direct account a load of "account cover" and "account cover plus" charges ,
    I presume these are PPIicon charges ,

can these PPI charges go onto the same reclaim letter's and also have the same compound interest applied to them.

Googed it , I converted them back to open office files,
    I will redo them and if no joy I will convert them back to excel files and uploadicon.
    Thanks Andy.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

our spreadies should work in open office ok
    then filesave as .xls

you use the same spready yes ,
    but one copy for each type of reclaim

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Ok thanks dx100uk.

Had second thoughts about the PPIicon part ,
    seems a big job for just a little back as there wasnt much on there,

heres the spreadsheets attached as xls files ,
    going to use the suggested 39.9%apr (thanks Old cogger).

If I amend the figures in the letters (post 13) that I will send with each spreadsheet ,
    are we good to go ,
    hat do you think ?
    Thanks Andy.

Attached Files

they appears to hold the same data

IMHO if neither are still active
    you cant charge creditor int rate past the date they stopped charging you it

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    IMHO if neither are still active
    you cant charge creditor int rate past the date they stopped charging you it
    Anyone else got a view on dx100uk thoughts on this ,I was going to claim compound interest up to the day they settle(if at all) ,I am sure newday and shopdirect will try to negotiate anyway ,so I thought best to start at the top ?
    Thanks Andy.

there is that
    there is also a court claim in restitutionicon
    which would back up the same.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Thanks dx100uk ,can anyone else spare the time to read and comment ,
    thanks in advance Andy.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

cant claim compound interest, you claim interest at taxation, which is currently 8% pa simple interest. If you sue you put down how much this is and then say that it is £xx.xx per day to date of judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyep View Post
    Anyone else got a view on dx100uk thoughts on this ,I was going to claim compound interest up to the day they settle(if at all) ,I am sure newday and shopdirect will try to negotiate anyway ,so I thought best to start at the top ?
    Thanks Andy.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    cant claim compound interest, you claim interest at taxation, which is currently 8% pa simple interest. If you sue you put down how much this is and then say that it is £xx.xx per day to date of judgement.
    From what I have read on other threads other people seem to have claimed for interest on charges reclaimed at the creditors interest rate

Also earlier in the thread was a comment from Old cogger suggesting "shopdirect interest rate is 39.9% see their adverts?????"

Even more confused now .

Thanks Andy.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

yes, you can do that but it will be at the whim of the court so you may get nothing. What you cant do is claim compound interest that is not part of a credit agreement.

Thanks ericsbrother ,

if I am clear on this ,

if I drop the term compound from the letter I send them and refer to the interest as being their interest rate (which is currently 39.9%),this would be better.

I understand your point that the court may not agree to me applying the creditor's interest to what I suggest they owe my wife.
    Thanks Andy.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details