Shock absorber replacement

DCam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my car in to have the tracking looked at, and it was also making a drumming kind of sound at low speed that I wanted checked (the noise sped up at higher speeds so you couldn't hear it).

Came back to me and said the left side shocker needed replaced. Just got the car back, and after having a look, it seems the right side shocker has been replaced, and the left side has also been removed, and replaced with a metal rod?

I'm not a mechanic, but is this right? Doesn't seem safe to me, if anyone can help me out with this, it would be great, thanks.

Here is an image,

after doing a bit more digging on the net,

I think what I was looking at is the drop link (red circle), and the shocker is there to the lefjt (blue circle) ?

Not 100% certain, doesn't help that this left side was supposed to be the side getting replaced, but they have replaced the right side instead.

He said they replaced the drop link also, I'll need to check that tomorrow on the other side.

DSC_0072.pdf

Perhaps take a photo of the right side which has the replacement shock... for comparison DC

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah, the shock absorber is the blue circle and drop link red. Neither looks new tough, I believe its standard practice to change both sides on the same axle at the same time.

On the front axle the spring is normally integrated with springs at the top. On rear axles they are independent units and more easy to install and remove.