• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

very long story which I will add later today, if possible,

but your question of {did you make offers to the creditor before ccj } made me think because I made the offer which they refused,and yet when we went to court they accepted the exact amount!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?398804-Help-with-a-judgement-and-visit-from-HCEO-**Partial-Refund-Obtained**

but I am not a business,

just a pensioner who has now fees which like yours, didn't apply ,

I have now paid all but 200 which they say I still owe,

did it cost you much

and how did you go about taking them to court,

As I am new on here I dont know how far I can go asking personal questions ,

but I know ,{ I am not being arrogant} that the original debt was just so flawed , and

I cant seem to find out how to go about proving it,

I am not disputing the money owed on the debt ,

but the lies which were behind it,

and it need not have gone this far paying all the HCEO fees,

As I said I dont know how far to go on here, with company names etc,

I would like to copy and paste the costs etc ,

but is this allowed,

because then I can explain a bit more in detail what happened?

Long story ,

had delivery of oil which I HAD NOT ordered which was £739 ,

it was signed for by my partner who just thought I had ordered it,

I asked them to come take back on same day,

they refused and said I had signed up to their top up service, which I had not,

as always paid for my oil when I had saved enough money,

I couldnt afford to pay all that at once and save weekly for my oil as well,

I made them 2 offers, which they refused,

next thing I knew was an HCEO was at my door, with a writ

I explained I didnt know anything about the court proceedings,

and was just waiting for the claimant to get back to me again to see if we could come to an agreement,

they had gone to the High Court which was around 200 miles form me,

I had to ask him for it to be set aside,

he did an inventory and went away.

The original court case was 27 1 2011 and I wasn't aware until 7th june 2011 . ,

The reason for me posting is the fees are very high,

having read some of the comments on here, are not right,

and they are still chasing me for more,

and keep stating about 2004 regulations .

I have got an email with court papers and fees,

and also a breakdown of fees,

which are a joke,

even more of a joke is the fact that my monthly payment which I have paid to the court is the exact amount I offered the claimant and was refused out of court

on a debt and judgement of 795 with the court costs,

I have now paid 65 payments of 35 .00 and DARE NOT cancel it as they told me in an email they will enforce again,

For the last 3 weeks I have nearly drove myself crazy trying to find out what I can do to claim these fees back,

I dont have a problem about paying the oil debt,

but I do have a problem with their under hand way they have gone about it and now I am owing money to my friends who have been helping me pay this,

I would be really grateful for any advice, thank you x

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so did you get it set aside [The CCJ?]

if so there should be no bailiff fees as it resets everything.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK you have paid some £2275 towards this debt. To be blunt if you have been paying £35 per month then I doubt you will have paid much off the original debt as the HCEO will be taking his fees as well and they will be adding interest at a daily rate. As for asking for Set Aside this should have been directed to the Court and not the HCEO as he will have done nothing about it.

You say you have a breakdown of the fees charged - is this up to date or an old one? How much was the original CCJ for?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so did you get it set aside [The CCJ?]

if so there should be no bailiff fees as it resets everything.?

dx

YES it was set aside in our Local county court where I was ordered to pay 35.00 a month which I have done , right up until last month and the direct debit is still live, so what can I do ?

so how come bailiffs are involved then?

if it was set aside

all/any bailiff fees are wiped and the claim is reset

so you agreed a tomlin order with the claimant?

where do bailiffs now come into this?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The original debt and costs as set out

original debt 730.94 ,

judgenent costs , 65.00 ,

execution costs 111.75,

sheriiff fees 554.69

v a t 110.94 ,

total 1578 ,

then written on side of amount in pen,

states with costs 1962.03 ,the 8percent from the original date at 17 p per day adds 310.25 ,

altogether makes 2272.25, and

my payments are 2275 paid up until now,

hope this makes sense!

It was originally in the high court,

then the HCEO came

then was set aside to our county court and a payment plan which I have always and still am paying.

so you didn't get the original CCJ set aside??

so what did you get sat aside then?

did you use the N244? and pay the fee?

if the CCJ was set aside it resets everything inc any bailiff involvement

and they

YES it was set aside in our Local county court where I was ordered to pay 35.00 a month which I have done , right up until last month and the direct debit is still live, so what can I do ?

I am sorry, but I am also confused here.

You say that you went to court to have the judgment set aside and that supposedly this was agreed and the repayments were set at £35 per month.

I am therefore assuming that the 'set aside' was not accepted and you were ordered to repay the debt (at a rate of £35 per month).

I am trying to to understand why bailiff fees are still included. Did the court order you to pay the fees?

glad i'm not going mad BA....:lol:

and they

L O L , I

am sorry ,

it is very confusing,

The claim was put to the High court ,

which I never knew about until the H C E O came with the writ,

I couldnt pay the whole debt at that time

{ I had offered the oil company 35.00 a month at this time}

but they obviously had asked for the court to deal with it, and refused my offer out of court,

I asked the H C E O what could I do,

he said I couild ask for set aside ,

but he came in and done an inventory first ,

I went to our local court and they set the amount of 35.00 a month which I have paid ever since,

I started to look into all this when the HCEO said about owing them more money and that they would enforce it!

I really am not giving a sob story here,

but it has been hard paying this and now a different light has been shed on it ,

I really need to do something about it,

The fees were on the court papers,

but also some were added in pen ,

I would like to be able to show the whole court papers on here if possible,

as I think that is the only way people like yourselves can actually see what is going on ?

Can I do this ?

Hi I have explained as well as I can, but as I said to our friend, I really need to put the actual court papers on here if I can ,

Have just read that HCEO have to give 7 days notice of their visit, is this correct?

Can I get permission to put court papers on here, ?

Can I get permission to put court papers on here, ?

Any docs are best put up as PDF files and you need to remove all identifying markers on it. Failing that click the little black triangle that lets you report a post and ask for help from the Site Team.

Have just read that HCEO have to give 7 days notice of their visit, is this correct?

Since April 2014 the answer is yes but yours pre-dates that and is still covered under the old rules where no Notice was required.

L O L , I am sorry ,it is very confusing, The claim was put to the High court ,which I never knew about until the H C E O came with the writ, I couldnt pay the whole debt at that time { I had offered the oil company 35.00 a month at this time} but they obviously had asked for the court to deal with it, and refused my offer out of court, So I asked the H C E O what could I do, and he said I couild ask for set aside , but he came in and done an inventory first , and then I went to our local court and they set the amount of 35.00 a month which I have paid ever since,I started to look into all this when the HCEO said about owing them more money and that they would enforce it! I really am not giving a sob story here, but it has been hard paying this and now a different light has been shed on it , I really need to do something about it, The fees were on the court papers, but also some were added in pen ,I would like to be able to show the whole court papers on here if possible, as I think that is the only way people like yourselves can actually see what is going on ? C an I do this ?

It looks as if the only application that was considered was your offer to pay the £35 per month. Can you remember what Form you filled out at the time & how much you were supposed to pay for the application.

I am sorry, but I am also confused here.

You say that you went to court to have the judgment set aside and that supposedly this was agreed and the repayments were set at £35 per month.

I am therefore assuming that the 'set aside' was not accepted and you were ordered to repay the debt (at a rate of £35 per month).

I am trying to to understand why bailiff fees are still included. Did the court order you to pay the fees?

I suspect only a Variation Order was considered and if so then the Claimant can still ask this is paid via HCEO.

In an earlier post you say the HCEO did an inventory - do you still have a copy of this? Can you list the goods exactly as described on the Inventory?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I do but will have to go through my papers later today so I can put details on,

Later today can I please put the court papers on, I thin k it is the only way ,as I am not that good at putting things across. !

I put that post in wrong thread, is there anyway I can send you the actual court papers ina private message or email please?

Thank you for your email dated the 30th January 2017 and we note the contents therein.

We are not demanding that you pay the balance immediately; we are only confirming as requested the outstanding balance and advising you of our bank details, with the possible repercussion of not paying.

We can confirm that the debt is accumulated from the original Judgments and from cost rewarded to the claimant. Furthermore because of our involvement, further fees have been added in accordance to the regulations of the year 2004.

We would also like to confirm that the monies we have received from you are split between ourselves and the client/claimant at a rate 50/50. This is done in accordance with our terms and conditions, which we have with our client.

As requested, please see attachment of the documents you have requested.

We hope this clarifies our position in regards to the above matter.

Yours faithfully,

We can confirm that the outstanding balance is £192.11which must be paid quote your reference number . Card charges apply.

Our bank details are:. Please ensure you quote your reference, . You may also use the same details to set up your own on-line banking arrangement.

Failure to pay this balance may result in our Officer’s further attendance, which will incur you extra costs.

Please make your payment today to avoid further action. This is another email , I have taken their name and bank details out and my reference number,

Later today can I please put the court papers on, I thin k it is the only way ,as I am not that good at putting things across. !

I have asked if a member of the Site Team can give you a hand to load your docs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How to upload Documents to the Forum

You can post up images/letters by this method immediately. You don't need 10 posts

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD -mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box. Just upload it ..job done

dx100

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you so much,

as I think it is the only way ,

as I really dont know which way to turn with this,

I have so much information in emails form 2011 from the claimant and HCEO firm,

right back to when I offered to pay for oil in instalments

and even for when they said I had signed up over the phone for their top up service,

when I asked for proof they said it was old data and had been wiped,

I am not naming and shaming ,

just need to know where I stand, and

a big Thank you to all who have advised me so far,

now off to pick grandson up ,so maybe some time before I reply x

if you want help with docs I can give you a secure email to send them all too and i'll put them up for you

just scan them as a picture

and they

Hi again,

I think I may have attached the files correctly. I had my daughter paint out the identifying details. Please let me know if this hasn't worked,

Thanks again for any help

Sorry, one more document, which is the bailiffs breakdown.

docs1.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merged and cropped - dx

well done

and they

right - so you stayed the writ to allow time to set aside the CCJ

but you never progressed it and went ahead with the actual CCJ set aside

and they

I can now understand what has happened here. When you made your initial post, instead of starting a new thread, you posted a question onto the end of the following thread from 2013. The moderators then started a new thread for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?398804-Help-with-a-judgement-and-visit-from-HCEO-**Partial-Refund-Obtained

Your case is an extremely unusual one in that you have been paying a sum of £35 per month (as ordered by the court) to the enforcement company since 2011. Such a low amount is problematical because of the monthly interest that is being added to the judgment.

You have now almost cleared the debt and bailiff fees. There is a small balance of approx £190. You consider that the enforcement fees are too high and that you would like to now explore how to recover some of these fees. Unfortunately, the regulations specifically provide that queries regarding enforcement agent fees need to be subject to Detailed Assessment. This procedure will involve an application to the High Court and should not be taken without proper legal representation.

My personal opinion is that an approach should be made to the Sheriffs Office to ask whether consideration can be given by them to removing the current balance (of £195) from the account thereby bringing the matter to a close.

PS:As a long time user of heating oil and having had various 'top up' service myself over the years, I can fully appreciate the argument that you are putting up about the oil delivery. However, the fact remains, that you cannot revisit that period given that you have been in a payment arrangement since 2011 and have almost finished paying the debt. You need to put the matter of the oil companies debt and judgment to one side.

Thank you for your reply and advice and I can see where you are coming from,

I also know that there has been Big mistakes here,

and I can not afford to just let it go,

I am going to our County court this afternoon ,

to get some information as to what I can do,

because having read the 2004 regulations they kept telling me,

I can now see and prove for definite they have charged too much for services they did not provide,

if that is the way to put it,

I do have the emails etc, from back in 2011 with information which can now hopefully help me to get some of my money back,

I am and have been a carer for my husband for last 15 years and do not have the money to throw around and certainly not to give away to some-one who has ripped me off !

I dont have a problem with having paid oil company,

even though they went about it in a very sneaky way,

what I do have a problem with is greedy people ,

who just turn up and like to scare you ,

and then rob you blind!

Everyone has to make a living .

but I do wonder these days who you can and can't trust.

thanks again for your help. will post again when I get more information , as I am not going to let this go .

Sorry for late reply , they said it was November 2009 and the oil was delivered in 2010 .

Did anyone make any sense of the above document please?

also if you can explain to me {probably again} Enforcement 13.12 and the inventory fee were on the day he called with the writ, 7th june,

but 12 attend and admin and mileage fee were on the 11th may ?

I have been reading through the regulations 2004 and unless I am missing something I have been really overcharged ,for things they have NOT done,

it really sticks out a mile ,so why can't anyone see or believe it?

I am not meaning the people on here, I mean everyone else !

I just keep hitting a brick wall today,

numbers out of date ,

local court had closed down,

so will be ringing the court tomorrow where this was first ever done.