mobility scooter problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i payed 3,500£ for a mobility scooter,last november i payed 90£for a service, the next day it ran awry and i nearly ended under a bus . they then send out another engineer and he said it was motor problems but would not have one in stock for at least a month so i waited,now it out of warrenty they want 480£ for the motor and 99£ to fit it because it out of warrenty i only use it to go to the shops about a mile once a week i think it is just over a year old with only twelve months warrenty

Hi Peter and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to what I think is the most appropriate forum for your problem......please continue to post here to your thread.

If you fail to get a good response we can move you to another forum later.

Regards

Andy

PS I have altered your username slightly to protect your anonymity

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would have thought that because you notified them of the problem within the warranty period, the repair should be done under it. After all, you can not be held liable for the non-availability of spares, that it the supplier's problem.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I completely agree with the above. They became aware of the problem within the warranty period and so the expiry of the warranty does not affect this issue. Furthermore, you have more than adequate statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act.

Who's the supplier? They are the people that you need to proceed against. We can help you if you can give us more information.

• 2 weeks later...

it is not out of warranty because the fault was reported within the warranty period. The fact they havent done anything about it counst against them, not in their favour. You will need to write to them and tell them that you expect them to carry out the repair under the terms of the warranty or you will start proceedings against them to recover your monies (the price of the scooter, not just the repair) They have a number of options to resolve the matter but make sure they respond in writing before you agree to anything so they dont go back on their word