BARCLAY CARD - has got wrong details on my C.R.A Files

CuriousBee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help me. I did have a Barclaycard which was paid off.

recently checked my CR file and note that they have put a marker on the file for Barclaycard with an outstanding balance.

called them today and they could not find my old card details.

said to them that I am in possession of the card and was reading out the card number and they told me that it does not exist,

gave me another card no which they claim that belong to me.

only had one Barclaycard.

told him why do I need two Barclaycards and that does not belong to me.

am going to send them a CCA letter.

Does anyone has a contact name or address to whom I can send a letter to please?

Many thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes they renew the cards, and the new card has another number.

Also, its not a CCA you need, its a SAR.

Also, do you actually have any outstanding balance with them on your CC that you physically have?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi there - thank you for your prompt reply.

My old card which was paid off has no balance and in fact they owed me £12.00 as there was an over payment.

was reading some posts on Barclaycard and I read that they actually change card numbers.

am going to send a photo copy of the card that I have and ask questions as to why they cannot find it on their systems.

Surely the computer systems will show all the past and present details of customers.

have sent a cheque for £10.00 requesting the DSAR.

But I would have to wait 40 days for that.

need the answers as soon as possible because I noticed that the balance I saw last month has increased today.

there is something wrong. Unless they put the interest or something.

am very concerned about this debt outstanding.

And the other worry is that they cannot find my address.

I spelt it out three times but they said they cannot find it.

Hi CB,

You sound v sure you paid off the card and there was no balance owing apart from the £12 they owe you !!

They have 40 days to reply to the SAR you've already sent and there's nothing you can do about that.

But you can also write a brief complaint to BC at Northants, quoting your old card number and your address at the time, confirming that they owe you £12. So you require that they tell you why they are posting adverse data on your credit files showing you owe a balance which is increasing. Tell them you require a reply within 14 days.

Use RM Signed For delivery.

Keep the letter short and focused. Put a copy here for us to check before sending if you want.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick many thanks for your help.

Below is the letter that I got from a template from this site and amended to my needs.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recently note that there is a Barclaycard registered under my name on my Credit file as follows:

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Defaulted Current Balance £ 1,192 Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 1,316

Start Date 14/08/2009 Date Updated 05/11/2013

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied Default Date 30/11/2011

PREVOUS CARD DETAILS WHICH IS THE CORRECT CARD NO. XXXXXXXXXXXX

credit report on: 04-11-2016 BARCLAYCARD

Start Date 01/11/2002

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied 13/06/2014

Default Date Payment Amount £ 0

Previous Statement Balance - £ 12

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this credit agreement as I believe that the above account details have been put on the file by error. I have no knowledge of this Barclaycard, and I do not take any responsibility towards this debt. I will send a letter to Credit Reference Agencies such as Equifax and Experience as the account in question is disputed.

This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of the credit agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act and MUST NOT BE TAKEN AS PART PAYMENT FOR THE ALLEGED DEBT. I understand that a copy of the credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Yours faithfully.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

that's a CCa request.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go read slicks post

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You've already sent a SAR and you're waiting for their reply.

Does as I said in para 3 above. Just a brief complaint and post the draft here first.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick and DX

Here is the short version and would appreciate if you could please have a look. Many thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recently note that there is a Barclaycard registered under my name on my Credit file as follows:

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Defaulted Current Balance £ 1,192 Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 1,316

Start Date 14/08/2009 Date Updated 05/11/2013

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied Default Date 30/11/2011

PREVOUS CARD DETAILS WHICH IS THE CORRECT CARD NO. XXXXXXXXXXXX

Start Date 01/11/2002

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied 13/06/2014

Default Date Payment Amount £ 0

Previous Statement Balance - £ 12

I believe that the above account details have been put on the file by error. I have no knowledge of this Barclaycard, and I do not take any responsibility towards this debt. As I mentioned to your Customer Service Assistant on Friday 17th February, I only had one Barclaycard which is now closed.

This is against the ICO rules and I would like you to remove this entry from my credit file.

I expect to hear from you within 14 days and if I do not hear from you within that time I will be making a complaint to ICO. (I hope this is correct)

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxx

what about the bit that the account is in credit

read slicks post

and they

I'd finish by saying :-

This is against the ICO rules and I require that you remove your data from my credit file.

I expect to hear from you within 14 days, failing which formal complaints will be made and compensation will be sought for the damage you're causing to my reputation.

Send to BC and let us know how they respond.

Letter to BC sent via Recorded delivery.

I also have received a letter from BC regarding SAR.

They are sending to my local branch.

As I have moved house now I need to take some ID to pick the letters.

I went to the local branch and told them about this so they are aware when the documents arrive I will take the ID to pick them.

Hopefully not long to wait.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my SAR documents yesterday.

There is a document that relates to an account but no transactions.

So I am going to send them a CCA letter today.

Can someone please let me know to which address I should send the CCA request?

Do I address the letter for the attention of Compliance Department?

Thanks

I received some statements and some documents which may or may not be helpful.

did not contain applications or agreements.

I sent another letter with £1 postal order for CCA. Waiting for those now.

the statement in question was blank.

I also had a letter from them to say that I have an agreement although they can't enforce anything at the moment etc etc.

I am going to call them tomorrow to say that I have not received the copy agreements

the data that they have sent does seem very odd as I never had a Platinum Master card which they stated in the letter.

Wait to receive everything and will send another letter to Barclaycard.

Hi CB,

Better NOT to call them - put your concerns in writing, addressed back to the office that supplied.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to DX I found something new today.

I think it is similar to a Barclaycard that is in my CRA file.

Having checked and got the SAR documents from Barclays,

I noticed that they had supposedly sent a Platinum MasterCard which I never had so I disputed.

When I called the Cust Servcs they told me may be it was a BHS card.

how can a store card turned into a Platinum MasterCard?

I had a letter from Barclaycard to say that they cannot fulfil the CCA request as they do not seem to have any.

I wrote to them that I never had any Platinum MasterCard

nor did I receive any unique numbers that they were talking about

asked them to remove my details from the CRA file.

They have put a DN in the file.

if they don't remove this what shall do?

Do I write to fos or ICO?

It seems Bank could do anything with people's information

- sending new cards when you have not even asked for or even used it.

With their SAR bundle they have included a statement for that account, but the statement has no data.

What is the point of sending a statement with no data.

I have read so many storied about Barclaycard - what a nightmare!

Hi CB,

Unless you recorded the call when they mentioned a possible BHS card, what you were told may count for nothing.

You're far better keeping all exchanges in writing.

Have BC replied specifically to your complaint about the adverse data as per posts #10 and #13.

In that letter you said what you would do about their failure to remove the adverse data.

Hi Slick - thanks for your response.

The reply from me to them I will post it now. I will post the letter from BC tomorrow as I don't have a scanner.

I am waiting for a reply to my recent letter from BC.

I did ask them to remove my details, but not a firm letter. If they do not respond then I will send another letter.

You have a fight on your hands,

Barclays are notorious for shredding people's credit files at a whim

even when they know they are in the wrong

will try telling you its not possible to remove the data.

This of course is utter rubbish.

It may result in some kind of action via ICO or even court to force the correction.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks Martin

I will send a letter to ICO once I have a reply from BC and will attach their response as well.

I think their internal processes are a mess. I am so surprised that they have spent a fortune on their IT systems, yet they cannot get customer accounts in order. So many wrong information being put on.