Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Smokey1607 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2016

Default Legal Advice after FOS

Long story short.
    After years arguing with RBSicon I took my complaint to the Ombudsmanicon.
    This was initially thrown out but I knew I was right so appealed and won.

It's worth knowing that the Ombudsmans caseload is filtered by minions who know nothing about Financial Services and are clearly there just to deter people.

the RBS had to refund charges,
    pay compensation etc

the main issue led to other financial problems which led to court action which led to my credit rating being stuffed.

The FOS say they have no jurisdiction over the Courts so I need to take independent legal action.

Does anyone know of a solicitors who will pursue the banks?

Thanks

Basic Account Holder netacct Novitiate

Cagger since : Aug 2017

Default Re: Legal Advice after FOS

Can you please share the details about the appeal? Any link to solicitor or info? I need to appeal against the fosicon decision and struggling to find any solicitor/info.

Thanks a ton

Basic Account Holder Smokey1607 Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2016

I didn't use a solicitor for my appeal, did it myself. Although I won my appeal I wasn't satisfied but I got nowhere with further action against them because I couldn't find a solicitor who was willing to pursue it and have too much on my plate to waste more time - although its bugging me and I know I should.
    If it is your first appeal then it should be dealt with by the actual Ombudsmanicon and not the oik who turned you down the first time, they're just there to filter appeals and get rid of people as quickly as possible and know bugger all about FS. It's only because I used to work in a bank that I absolutely knew I was right.
    If you're not sure of your position and cant find a solicitor to use then contact Citizens Advice. Is it the same issue I had, Right of First appropriationicon, or something else with them?

Basic Account Holder netacct Novitiate

Cagger since : Aug 2017

My query was in reference to# fosicon-Decision-Judicial-Review thread.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by netacct View Post
    My query was in reference to# fosicon-Decision-Judicial-Review thread.
    netacct, it would be better if you started a new threadicon of your own rather than tag onto someone else's.

HB

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details