Ebay - Seller Wont Respond Gone Over 90 Days to Raise Dispute

Lucky7even
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help.

I was very foolish back in November buying an item off Ebay.

The item was a supposedly haunted piece of jewellery from a magickal seller.

The item cost me £160.

Needless to say I am not happy with the purchase and want to return the item, but because its gone over 90 days I cannot open a dispute with Ebay.

The seller is refusing to respond to my messages I have sent.

Can anyone please advise what I can do to reclaim my money back over an item which is clearly not as described.

You need to get hold of the sellers contact details – if you don't already have them.

If you don't have them then you can use eBay's own system to find them:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

You need to hope that the details are complete because often they are not

its not haunted....:madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its not haunted....:madgrin::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

I know!!

Thats why I've said item is not described.

I have filed a dispute in paypal.

And I've told them seller has had negative feedback since I bought them item, of non communication with buyer's.

And I can show via my messages they have not responded to me either!!

Seriously, please tell me this is not the reason

I cannot get seller to respond!!

I've tried everything!!

Feedback says non communication from other sellers!!

I'm not the only one they dont respond after selling a high end item to!!

Ive clearly been rippd off!!

You actually believed it was haunted? The seller saw you coming a mile away.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

how do you pay paypal?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok. Enough joking. Op wants proper advice. Even though he walked right into a con

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok, honest advise. You do not have a claim, time to move on; simple as that.

I know you are not going to like this but here goes. You are unable to prove or disprove that an item of jewellery is haunted because there is no such thing as ghosts, neither can anyone prove that god exists, It is all down to personal belief.

You could not demonstrate to a court that something is haunted or not because there is no (real) scientific evidence of such things. Your wish to believe in this hokem has given someone the opportunity to mug you over this,

I will give you a further piece of advice that you won't like; any other items you have brought in the past that are haunted, possessed or otherwise visited are about as real as the pieces of the cross and vials of blood that churches had in the middle ages; its all a con.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

I've actually managed to open a dispute with paypal over the scammed item.

The seller has until 25th February to respond.

I've told paypal that since purchasing the item, the seller has had negative feedback on their Ebay account, one common issue is that buyer's like myself, have been complaining about no communication with the seller.

I've also told paypal I can provide copies of the message sent to the seller via Ebay, and the message I left on the Facebook account, again no reply.

I've also had a long conversation with Ebay.

Ebay have told me that they will look into the issues of the seller's behaviour in not returning messages after selling items.

They also said that their negative feedback would also be looked into.

Appropriate action against the seller Ebay have assured me will betaken.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me for hijacking this thread but I can't find a button to start a new thread:

I am a UK national, domicile in UK although I occupy much of my time in the Philippines where I have a business, and with my ebay (UK) account I made a purchase from a listing on ebay (UK) priced in British pounds, for delivery to an address in UK (England & Wales) and paid for from my PayPal account which just happens to be a Philippines PayPal account.

I was [problem]med, within their 180 days timeframe I opened a complaint with PayPal but the Indian seller pulled a fast one and they, rather than I, escalated it for PayPal to adjudicate and with no investigation whatsoever, PayPal adjudicated against me wrongly believing the lies of the seller, and of course PayPal notify one of this by an email that cannot be replied to, that there can be no appeal etc. etc. etc. so I filed against PayPal (Europe) via Money Claim Online.

Now if one attempts to go shopping with any UK retailer that accepts PayPal, Wilkinson to name but one, and one attempts to have delivered to a UK address using a foreign (Philippines) PayPal account then one receives this message:

removed - dx

But ... If one shops on ebay (UK) with delivery to a UK address using a foreign (Philippines) PayPal account then no problem at all, the transaction approves immediately.

Taking PayPal to court their solicitors appear to have dropped their rebuttal that I was [problem]med, that they didn't investigate etc. and it seems their only defence is that as an ebay (UK) account holder, making a purchase listed and paid for in British pounds from ebay (UK), with a delivery address in UK, but with a Philippines PayPal account their solicitors are arguing that I need to be taking this to a court in Singapore (Where PayPal Philippines is registered) and that I agreed to this when clicking to agree to their terms and conditions and all that nonsense.

PayPal's solicitors deny that they are not in any way the same business as ebay, as ebayer's know when we click to 'resolve a problem' we get offloaded to PayPal for here, in this scenario, PayPal to ultimately reply, to the effect, "Yeah right, but you need to sue us in Singapore and not in your own country and where the crime took place".

So my point, my questions are:

1. Whether they are the same company or not ebay (UK) have sub-contracted PayPal to deal with their customer complaints and PayPal have clearly accepted such a contract with ebay (UK).

2. And for this UK to UK transaction PayPal clearly broke their own rule of using n a Philippines account for delivery to a UK address, whether this is a money laundering law dictated by state or whatever, that a Philippines (Singapore) company has clearly accepted the customer complaints of UK to UK contracted purchases.

3. We haven't yet made it to court, we're still in the stages of 'foreplay' but their solicitors are hiding behind "We're PayPal Europe, PayPal Singapore is nothing to do with us buddy".

4. So do I have a case to continue proceeding against PayPal Europe and what should my (legal) angle of attack be?

Thanks in advance

you need to start a new thread

and they