Potential Cabot problem looming

martin2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So ive recently begun to receive letters from Crabot regarding an old car loan from 2007/8, not 100% sure when i took it out but definately no later than that.

Now this loan has never appeared at all on any of my CRA files.

After the marital breakdown if late 2008, the vehicle was returned as couldnt afford to continue with repayments and pay mortgage and rent a new house, something had to give and the car loan suffered, along with the van loan.

Im not sure which if the 2 loans this refers to but neither if them ever appeared on my cra files. One was paid of eventually last year, for 10% of the outstanding balance and a written confirmation that no future anounts would be chased or sold on for chasing, was happy with that but now the other is returning to give me grief.

Its just shy of 3k and after returning the vehicle this is whats left owing after auction sale etc. I know now that i should have VT'd it but didnt know that at the time.

I have since returning it made some nominal £5 a month oaynents but they stopped in 2012/3, not 100% sure exactly when atm as havent checked okd bank records.

Now im all for ignoring DCA's but this was all taken out at my previous address and these letters are addressed to my new address, well it was a new address 3 yrs ago!

I havent volunteered Crabot my new address but they have it from my cra files i presume.

So for clarity, would it be prudent to write to Crabot if only to confirm my current address and maybe request more information?

My concern is that if i do not respond to them at all and they try issuing a N1 to my old address, i would know nothing about it until its too late and woukd then have to try to set aside.

Because of the nominal payments i doubt its near SB yet but as nothing showing on files i dont want a new default or ccj appearing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

CCA request to them.

who was the lender ..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They only chase UE debts so dont panic. CCA first, then deal with the rest.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Wasnt panicking, more pre empting.

I think they were called Parkway credit but the letters refer to bluestone as the OC

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

ah bluestone

they buy up old unenforceable car loans

then try and fleece people on them

much like a dca.

when they know they been sold a lemon

they sell them on..

..thus cabot have got it.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was quite sure thats the case, just didnt want to risk a backdoor ccj to the old house.

I'll draft up a CCA to Crackpots

• 1 month later...

Crackpots sent the usual, we dont have that on file sir but we'll request it from bluestone.

Good luck with that because bluestone werent the original lender.

This one has never appeared on any credit file anywhere, ever.

Hope they dont try to start doing so now, that could be lots of fun!

yes this is one of the times where a CCA request has a dual purpose...:lol:

and they

From memory i had 2 loans for a car and a van, one was with Park Finance and one was either parkway or gateway, cant remember now but asfaik they are no longer in business.

that would fit martin

park motor finance sold all their debts to bluestone credit.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?166777-Park-Motor-Finance

don't remember parkway or gateway car finance.

and they

Could have been gateway credit, really not certain but i do remeber them being a commercial finance company.

I have no idea where those names have come from, but googling commercial finance has revealed Private and Commercial Finance (PCFG) which definately was one of the 2 i had at the time, the other was Park Motor Finance.

good work

that nails both down then.

PCFG sold all their bad debts to GO debt.

wherever go debt or bluestone are involved

the debts are always a lemon

hence cabot now

only take on lemon debts

hoping to fool debtors into paying

or issue court claims hoping for non contestment to old addresses.

and they

Well as you say the CCA is a double edged sword, they now have my current address so cant get away with the backdoor route.

Crackpots response filed for possible future fun.

Never had anything from GO debt, ever, only bluestone for this one

and they

• 1 month later...

Similar issue here. Cabot sent a letter saying they are passing my account over to "Ruthbridge Limited, a debt collection agency."

Ruthbridge will contact me within 7 days, and in the same envelope is a letter from Ruthbridge saying to contact them and not Cabot.

Same envelope i presume the same company? These debts are well past being statute barred. Last payment towards them being 2006.

Had a half baked phone call left on the answer machine from someone also. Contact us using your reference. They didnt mention my name.

System glitched and missed that. They didnt say who they were also.

I have been rather lazy and just ignored all attempts of contact and even though, advice on here (excellent advice, thanks) i have been

ultra lazy and just ignored them. But now its time all this was forgotten and put behind me. As per the OP i expect its time to move on.

Sorry if this intrudes on your thread. But please dont be lazy like me.

Otherwise 11 years on you maybe getting silly letters also.

Edited by deep in the whatsit
Posting removed all my carriage returns? One wall of text?

Been fighting leeches like these for donkeys years and can now see light at the end of tunnel.

Nothing ruthbridge can do but cabot may try legal action which you should defend with SB if thats the case.

Still nothing from CCA request and i would be surprised if one ever materialises, but we will wait and see.