Lowell/cohen claimform - old orange mobile 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

Pepe2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a POC from Cohen /Lovell on an old orange account

Submitted acknowledgement of service via MCOL,within the time frame

,i have now as i understand it to be , to also submit my defence before 28 days via MCOL

1:Whilst reading the posts i also have sent a CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors

2:Sent a Consumer Credit Act 1974 request to lovell included £1

3:Sent a SAR to Orange included £10

All above sent and awaiting responces

Today received a letter from solicitors of claimant stating the following:

NOTICE OF PENDING CCJ

You are aware that we have issued legal proceedings against you in the Northampton court

As you have failed to respond with proposals for payment or provide any valid explanation why the debt should not be paid ,we are now instructed to enter judgment against you

I order to prevent judgment from being entered ,you should pay £xxx within the next 7 days

Received letter on the 10th Feb and have till today as per date of letter if i take the 7 days counter

Any advice would be helpful

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread moved to Financial legal Issues..please continue to post to your thread here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

NOTICE OF PENDING CCJ

You are aware that we have issued legal proceedings against you in the Northampton court

As you have failed to respond with proposals for payment or provide any valid explanation why the debt should not be paid ,we are now instructed to enter judgment against you They cant...you have acknowledged the claim and submitted a defence

I order to prevent judgment from being entered, ( which they cant...see above... and are blatantly misleading you )you should pay £xxx within the next 7 days

Received letter on the 10th Feb and have till today as per date of letter if i take the 7 days counter

Any advice would be helpful

The above is a template threat they use when a claim is stayed in order to get you to panic as you are now

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So lets get cracking on a defence and get it submitted...what date is on your claim form?

Can you read the following and then copy and paste the Qs and your responses back here to enable assistance with your defence.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Name of the Claimant ?Lowell portfolio ltd

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form 13th january 2017

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1:The claim is for the sum of £510 due by the defendant under a Orange account with account reference xxxxxxxxx

2:The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreement

3:The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 27th sept 2013,notice of which has been given to the defendant

4:The claim constitutes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8 % per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of proceedings in the sum of £41

The claimant claims the sum of £551

What is the value of the claim? £681

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account?

Mobile phone account with Orange

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lowell

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

Honestly cannot remember if i did receive a notice of assignment

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Cannot recall this

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments?

Dispute with contract as lost my job and was unemployed from 2009 to 2014 so could not make any payments

What was the date of your last payment?

cannot recall hence i submitted a CPR 31.14 On the 30th january 17

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

Lost my job and was on JSA so could not pay ,asked to stop contract as could not afford it ,also asked them to send me what balnace they had ,they only told me on the phone ,cannot recall what the balance was

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementlink3.gif plan?

Spoke on the phone to say i was unemployed and was in financial difficulties ,arrears on mortgage ,utilities etc they did not want no about debt management plan

What you need to do now.

I have already sent on the 30th jan 17 recorded delivery the CPR 31.14 to solicitors,and have not received anything back ,all i got was the template letter from number 1post.

Sent Consumer Credit act 1074 to the solicitors to pass to lowell with £1 ...no replies to date

Sent SAR to orange customer services address

Okay so your defence is due tomorrow.......

Couple of points...you cant utilise a section 78 request for a mobile phone agreement/contract...they are not covered by the CCA1974.

In the meantime ring Orange using the account number and ask if they can tell you the last date of payment.

Regards

Andy

get on the phone to orange PDQ

last payment date...

its better to file the Statute Barred defence if we can rather than the one on that other thread you've posted on.

as SB will kill the claim dead

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you will be on the phone to Orange now EE to get last payment date ,and get back to post

called orange they refuse to give me last payment date or amount paid ,they said call debt collection agency who they were not prepared to say who they were .....

do i call lowelifes to get this info ,i will wait your advice

NO!!

you never call a fleecing DCA

they are not bailiffs

go ring orange/EE again ask why they wont give you the Info

under dPA law they MUST hold data for 6yrs.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

^^sorry missed your other post

under dPA law they MUST hold data for 6yrs.

so go ring again and ask what does closed mean?

does that mean its outside of 6yrs?

dx

and they

Well the debt was assigned to this crew in Sept 2013...3 years 4 months a go...do you not recall when you entered the agreement ? You state you was unemployed from 2009...did you stop payments same year...if so its statute barred.

ok will call again and state 6 year data held ,no surprise i did not receive anything from orange despite sending SAR

i think i stopped payment once i was unemployed but not really sure ,

i understand its not much help .

Called orange again and they cannot tell me anything ,and stated they cant tell me anything ,and hung up the phone

called again same thing different operator stating we dont have that account on our system and cant help you

anything on your credit file?

check them ALL

noddle clearscore Experian Equifax all I think are now free

sometime there is a payment history

and they

And with respect Pepe you have had this for over a month now and left it until the day before your defence is due.....

thanks ,will check when home and post

yes ,you are absolutely correct ,facing the chamber and crying for help as they say

checked credit files as follows:

Equifax :account started 3/11/2010 default date was 05/03/2012

default delinquent £312

date another update on the credit file shows 08/02/2017

Current balance £680

Experian states account started 3/11/10,

default 05/03/2012

default balance £312 ,

Balance amount £509

updated 01/12/2013

hope this helps

look on noddle please

there is usually payment history under the pulldown menus

and they

checked all credit files no last payment dates ,only Default 5th march 2012

So you continued paying a further 3 years whilst unemployed ?

Okay well I think we can rule out statute barred.

You will have to submit a holding defence which puts them to strict proof...plenty of examples in the Legal Success Forum.

ok ,i will look at those now

Okay well I think we can rule out statute barred.

You will have to submit a holding defence which puts them to strict proof...plenty of examples in the Legal Success Forum.

Any ideas which success legal forum will be relevant to my case as i do not want to send a wrong one ,if you could assist i would be grateful ,i will then enter the amounts ,and relevant info to my defence

and they