London Borough Council LO Bankruptcy Proceedings business rates back to 2006

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A London Borough Council has started bankruptcy proceedings against me for unpaid business rates dating back to 2006.

They apparently took out a liability order back in 2006 against me, even though I wasn't liable for the whole period they say I was.

The debt is close to £12K and since I cant overturn the liability order, I am thinking of paying the debt since I don't want to be declared bankrupt and lose my house.

The councils solicitors now want a further £500 in court costs and another £2K in legal fees, which I protest.

I would like to know if I am liable for the legal costs?

And is it worth waiting for the hearing to protest against the costs at court while being willing to pay the £12K & the £500 court costs?

I'm concerned that if it does go to court the legal fees will increase and the judge may still make me liable.

email the council with a Subject Data Access Request of ALL correspondence in regard to this account including payments made, warnings, summons, LOs etc., any correspondence to Law Enforcement etc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The hearing is set to 9th March 2017, one month away.

There was 2 liability orders, one for the 2005/6 period and another for the 2006/7 period. 5 month gap between the two orders, both taken in 2006.

Does the Council still have an obligation to talk to me and respond to my queries and requests? or can just ask me to speak with the representatives (ie solicitors)

Thanks