Banned from TKMaxx 15 years ago.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Apologies if I am doing things incorrectly in particular starting threads.

I have been following the forums and it would be good to see what the outcomes are for everyone who is experiencing a difficult situation !

with the exception of those who are not !

I would be grateful if someone could help me although Maxxer and other members have been good in providing advice to members.

My situation is I got banned from TKMaxx 15 years ago and prosecuted through the courts after pleading not guilty.

Recently I have been shopping in the stores and buying and returning items not for profit.

I have returned a few items where I know the tags were incorrect as I swapped them but at a lesser value. i.e where I made a loss.

( I buy then I change my mind and sometimes I sometimes go outside the 28 days and they are usually the same brand)

I recently went to a store to do a refund and was asked my name and address and postcode gave it.

I did ask the assistant is this usual practice.

He was young and informed me that its in case there's an issue with the refund or I may get a survey.

The kid looked unsure and I asked him would I get the refund and he replied yes.

I later confirmed this with him when I purchased an additional item.

I contacted the store who confirmed this today that it is usual practice for any refund over £49.99

Looking at the threads I worried am I now on there radar ?

I was not stopped but people have mentioned Police visits.

My spinning at the moment and I would appreciate some advice please ?

Hi,

I have started a new thread for you, hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

So, you weren't entitled to return them outside of 28 days, but you swapped the tag to make it look like they were within 28 days?.

If you then returned them for a refund, when you weren't entitled for that refund, and you knew they weren't entitled to a refund : that would be fraud by false representation.

The false representation is the representation that they were eligible for refund when they weren't.

The fact that this was made with dishonest intent they could claim was shown by the swapping of the tags.

The gain you made was a refund when you weren't entitled to one, such that you got back the "full" value of the item rather than the "second hand" value of the item if you had sold it elsewhere.

Hi

I am finding this difficult to comprehend. You are buying stuff then taking them back for a refund. If it is not for profit then why do it? I think Bazza has summed this up very well.

Regarding the ban 15 years ago. Chances are that the data they had on you at that time has now been deleted.

Why did they take your name and address. This may be company practice or in the alternative, to use it for a search the store CCTV. Nobody knows.

My advice. Stop doing it and hope the police do not get involved.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

clothing stores have a lot of people who buy stuff, wear it for a party or the like and then take it back for a refund. The store then has returned clothing that is smelly and stained that they cant sell so some have reduced the returns period and others collect data to see if there is a pattern. It is dishonest to do this and the people who do it know this very well but for some reason many of them think they are exempt from the general approbrium this practice receives.

Of course people profit from this, they get new clothes to show off in they they have no intention of paying for