Someone gave my driver details falsley

Karancoleman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if anyone can advice me please. I am a new driver of 6 months and I have learned that apparently I have 3 points and an outstanding fine of £200 for jumping a red light in July2016 and the case went to court jan 2017. I didn't pass my driving test until sept 2016 and this is not an offence which I have committed.

I have rang DVLA and explained and they have told me I have to appeal through the court and that apparently there is a other pending driving offence in my name.

I have rang the court and they were unhelpful and I am worried to death about this.

I asked the court where and when the alleged office took place and the vehicle reg number of the car. The car is not my car and has never been my car and I was at work at the time of the offence.

I asked the local police to investigate and they said it is a job for the fraud action team but they do not investigate they only log offences. I feel I am being fobbed off and as a 20 year old driver I have no ideawhat I should do to clear my name. Any help or Advice would be very greatfully received

Edited by Karancoleman

It is not a job for Action Fraud. The Police should be able to look into this, as it appears someone is driving around in another car, but somehow with your details being registered.

Make a complaint to your local Police station and ask to speak to at least a Sargeant. If they refuse to help, comtact your local MP's office to ask for their help.

It might just be an admin error somewhere, but if the Police have been involved in dealing with these driving offences, then surely they can check their records and contact those needed to correct the error.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your advice Yes I am going to go back to the police station after work tomorrow and insist they follow this up, the court lady I spoke to told me the vehicle registration and the area where it was registered but not the address, but having thought about it I'm sure the police would be able to access the full address and go round and stop this person from doing any more damage, I am cross that I allowed them to fob me off but I think it's beacuse I'm only just 20 and never had to deal with this kind of thing. It's bad enough that it can happen so easily that anyone can register a car with very little personal information and no proof of ID and then it is left to the victim to have to appeal at the court to prove innocence the the police are unhelpful and disinterested