Invoice with the wrong name on

loz1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, could someone please advise. My friends recently had to use the services of a funeral director and with all the added stress of the funeral and the situation, she did not notice at first that the funeral directors had put the invoice in her brothers name and not hers.she called them and they said that they would change it. She needed the invoice in her name as she is claiming some help from the social fund. To cut a long story short, the funeral directors told her after that that they could not change the name on the invoice because it is fraud. It was their error in the first place. I am sure that this is not true and they could raise a credit for the original invoice and re-invoice in the correct name. Can anyone shed any light. Many thanks

who paid? If the bill is still outstanding then just dont pay it until they change the invoice.

It is not fraud, they are just being lazy because they will have to change more than just the invoice paperwork and it may be their record keeping is not what it should be as before they cremate or inter a body they have to have sight of various forms and these generally belong to the person buying their services. If for example, the death cert was issued to you and they have brother's details then they can get into trouble for improper disposal of a body.

there is also a tade association you can complain to, let them know you will be starting your complaint and that as they are so certain their contract is with someone else you will be taking action to recover your monies.

If " she " ordered and arranged the Funeral then the invoice should be in her name..unless of course Brother ordered and arranged it....then its correct to be in his name.

Or is it a case of only " she " is in receipt of benefits and able to claim from the social fund and wants its changed because of this reason?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, she arranged the original appointment with the funeral directors, for herself and her brother, but on the day that they were going she was very ill and could not make that appointment, so the brother went alone. She told the brother to make sure all was in her name but when he returned they had put everything in his name and he did nor realise due to the grief. She immediately called them and they said that it was fine they would change the name. Yes she does want it her name as she is trying to claim a little of the costs back from the social fund, as her brother died unexpectedly without leaving any funeral provisions and she is not working. The bill is still outstanding, she has paid a little of it but only minimal. I thought that if it was a problem with their accounting system, they could credit the invoice and then re-issue in the correct name. No fraud is taking place.

This is what I would do...go to the FDs in person and explain the situation and why its important that the invoice is amended to her name...explain a claim is to made on the social fund through her name as relative eligible...its no skin of their nose and after all the sooner they amend it the sooner they get paid.

Be polite and be nice...they may just reciprocate.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread