PRA Claimform - old Provident Doorstep Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Trying to help a friend who is a mental health patient.

He had a provident loan and then several times they rolled it over.

Never checked he could afford it or asked for proof of income.

They know he is on benefits and a mental health patient.

Not SB last payment was 29/7/13.

Was assigned 13 months,

aug 14,

later to A Kapital who then assigned it to PRA group end of dec 14.

they say he was informed but he cant remember if was.

Stopped paying as Agent stopped calling when not getting enough to cover it due to money.

He said first he knew was the court papers which he has returned to sender after taking notes

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So has he been issued with a claimform?

You say he took notes and returned it to sender?

If he has received a claimform there are specific actions he should take to avoid an automatic CCJ.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Yes he has received a claim form he opened it took notes sealed the envelope and put on envelope return to sender opened in error. He said he was returning it to sender but l have found out its not been posted back yet.

Its being dropped of to me in a bit.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Can you post some details about the claim when you have them please?

Would be best if you copy and paste the form in the link and fill out the answers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**

Edited by Andyorch
Link fixed

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I will do but l have read a different thread and the POC sounds very similar except for the amounts and a few months ahead of us.

The other thing is as this is rolled amounts over several years then could he have been lent irresponsibly?

Quite possibly but we need to deal with the claimform first, once the correct action has been taken we can then look at IL

Rite from what l know we are looking at same as Liverbirds thread.

only difference is the amounts and dates of opening and defaults.

I mean this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?469861-PRA-GROUP-claim-form-old-provident-loan-debt&highlight=provident

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

31st Jan

Claimant PRA group

1.Claimant claims the sum of 2032.72 for debt and interest.

2.On 2/12/11 defendant entered into an agreement with Provident Personal Credit limited for a loan in reference XXXXXXXXX.

3.On 29/7/13 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with and outstanding balance of 1702.71.

4.On 26/8/14 the debt of 1702.71 assigned to Aktiv Kapital portfolio AS Oslo Zug Branch who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group (UK)LTD on 31/12/14. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of Property Act1025.

5.And the Claimant Claims

1. The sum of 1702.71

2.Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 26/8/14 to 27/1/17 330.01 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.37 until judgement or sooner payment.

Amount claimed 2032.72

total 2217.72

When took out:- Its hard to say as had several loans that have rolled. Will explain.

when took out:- It says 2/12/11 but again this includes previous ones so before 2007 if including them.

issued:- via bulk from DCA.

aware of assignment:- he says no not had anything other than some silent calls

Default Notice:- He says not as far as aware

statuary notices:- He says not as far as aware

cease payments:- could not really afford so agent stopped turning up when he was not getting enough if anything paid.

Last payment:- form says defaulted on 29/7/13 but he cant remember when last full payment was.

Dispute:- he said he could not afford it so he told the agent who could do nothing or did nothing took it no further.

Yes he told agent but the agent came back to him saying he could not help.

The POC is as it is.

My Friend, D,

has had no contact from what he knows.

He is a mental health patient and was persuaded to keep taking out further loans at times either half way threw or near the end of other loans.

He took original loan as he moved out of a fully furnished flat into a council flat with nothing.

Original loan was set up in 2005, before he moved in, as his loan from dwp took to long and was about to move in with nothing. The loan got rolled several times.

Edit

Forgot to add.

He defaulted on a previous loan but this was not his fault but Provident.

The original agent got ill so She stopped coming round and the company tried to default him

but l wrote a complaint for him as they issued a apology and cleared it due to a error.

They then sent a different agent 3 months later.

As a guesture of good will they cancelled all missing payments.

date on the claimform top right please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

date on the claimform top right please

31st Jan tho l only found out yesterday.

Waiting for confirmation on what he wants me to do but he said make it go away with little effort.

Edit.

New Agent took book and he has no provident paperwork. Cant recall any letters or phone calls re this.

ok thank you

can you go up on the MCOL website and ACK [AOS BOX]

the Claim.

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked

get a CCA Requestlink3.gif running tot he Claimant

and

a CPR 31:14link3.gif running to their sols [PRA use in house so can be included with the CCA Requestlink3.gif ]

and they

Ok but my friend., D, has not asked me to do this.

He just wants to send it back return to sender.

I have explained to him so he is further deciding.

well I think you need to deal with this for his

else its gonna haunt him for 6yrs

have you gotten his credit file yet?

and they

I doubt it will haunt him for 6 yrs as he has nothing.

they cant take nothing.

he is very ill anyway

No to CF as he wont give me access to stuff to answer the questions.

Well after 2 days of pulling my hair out trying to persuade him to not ignore this he finally says can u defend this.

Due to losing everything can someone link in the Cca and CPR 31:14.

I am on my phone so its more difficult

All the links are provided in post#8.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

All the links are provided in post#8.

They are not working on mobile. Going to see if l can borrow a laptop or book time at libary.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

don't sign anything

and they

Got them ready to print. I have a laptop but the printer does not like win 10.

Oh and why is this thread not ahowing up in my subbed thread user cp or emails

you're subscribed to your thread and its showing in your threads too if you click your username on the left

as for the printer.

what is it

what doesn't win 10 like?

is win10 not finding it when you plug the usb lead in and turn it on?

and they

in answer to ur printer question yes that's not what its doing.

It was brought before windows 10 its a Epson stylus cant remember the model number

ah they are an issue

I have a stylus one here and it took me ages to get it working.

and they

Simple issue to fix if you go to epson website and update the printer driver for win 10 compatible one

martin l have looked but cant find win 10 drivers or compatible one