TfL PCN reminder sent 12 months later

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Im totally new to this forum and wanted some advice from you all.

I've done the necessary searches for a case similar to mine but couldn't find anything.

Here goes:

Contravention happened on Bright Road in Purley, Surrey. There are 2 red route bays there that you can park in. One has the times of 7am-7pm and the other is 10am-4pm.

I was unsure as to which was which and stopped in the 10-4 one at 09:55, got out of the car to check the board with the times on (as it faces the pavement as opposed to the road) and got back in my car to drive around the block a couple of times to make up the 5 mins.

Received a PCN on September 2015. Wrote a letter requesting CCTV footage for the time period between 09:55 & 10:00. I heard nothing back from them until September 2016 (12 months later) requesting £190 as the time had apsed to pay the original £65.

I immediately wrote a letter informing them that since I received no reply, I assumed this PCN was null and void.

The responded saying that they had sent out CCTV footage and I had failed to pay.

I wrote another letter explaining that I hadn't received any correspondence to which they then sent CCTV footage (signed for Royal Mail)

They then raised this with the County Court.

I've filled out a TE9 and received a letter today from the courts saying that the 'Order for the Charge has been Cancelled'.

The CCTV footage is only for the minute of 09:55 where I drove into the bay and semi-parked to check the times. They haven't given me any more footage after 09:55 to show that I had in fact driven off.

My questions are:

Can they send a reminder out to pay a PCN exactly 12 months later?

Can they select what parts of the CCTV footage they can send me?

Im currently on maternity leave and really cant afford to pay £200 for a fine. Can I fight this and on what grounds?

Many Thanks in Advance

Good news is that, at the moment, because the Order for Recovery and Charge Certificate have been cancelled, the penalty is back down to £130.

If TFL want to pursue the PCN they will issue a new NTO, which you can make formal representation against , on the grounds that the contravention did not occur. You stopped briefly to ascertain the restrictions on the sign, which was not facing on-coming traffic as it should be (can this be seen in the video?) and having realised that there was still 5 mins before parking was permitted, left immediately.

Can you show exactly where this was? Brighton Rd is very long.

Thank you for your response Michael.

The contravention occurred outside Costa Coffee in Purley.

I parked facing oncoming traffic (so from the opposite lane), And the timings face the traffic opposite. This is visible in the CCTV footage and also in the still photos I've obtained via Google Maps/Streetview. The sign used to face both ways until September 2014.

I called TfL today and asked for footage between 09:55 and 10:00 but they've said that they only have footage worth a minute, which is enough for them to confirm that a contravention has occurred.

NB:

In this minute, I had only managed to park the car. The footage isnt long enough to even show me getting out of the car as yet

The contravention occurred outside Costa Coffee in Purley.

I parked facing oncoming traffic (so from the opposite lane), And the timings face the traffic opposite.

In which case the sign is facing the correct way, but obviously coming from the other diredtion you wouldn't be able to see it.

I called TfL today and asked for footage between 09:55 and 10:00 but they've said that they only have footage worth a minute, which is enough for them to confirm that a contravention has occurred.

NB:

In this minute, I had only managed to park the car. The footage isnt long enough to even show me getting out of the car as yet

TBH on the basis that you needed to check the restriction times, a minute is a long time not to be seen doing so.