Returning PCN unopened to Local Authority

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a PCN from a local authority.

I have not opened the envelope (but its contents is obvious and I was expecting it).

It was not sent by recorded mail.

If I were to "return to sender" "Not at this address". Would I be committing a criminal offence?

(I know this would be morally wrong given I did deserve the PCN!)

hasn't got to be recorded mail....

if you ultimately want to treble the cost by getting bailiffs at you door sure off you go be stupid and return it....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

illegal implies a criminal offence would be committed...

you would obviously be lying

if that's a criminal offence is IMHO a moot point

it wont stop it going to bailiffs and it wont stop their fees being levied that will add several hundred £'s to the small fine as it stands at present.

why not pay it or fess up.

.i don't understand what you feel you gain by this is stupid idea...??:loco:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's not a criminal offence. Go ahead if you want to, but as mentioned above, it won't achieve anything. Councils are not so naiive as to allow this as some sort of 'get-out' or everyone could and would do it.

What you would be doing is basically ignoring your liability and they would eventually come after you with a bailiff warrant and probably several hundred pounds in extra charges.

It's not a criminal offence. Go ahead if you want to, but as mentioned above, it won't achieve anything. Councils are not so naiive as to allow this as some sort of 'get-out' or everyone could and would do it.

What you would be doing is basically ignoring your liability and they would eventually come after you with a bailiff warrant and probably several hundred pounds in extra charges.

Agreed (not perjury....), provided that is where it stops.

The problem is that if the OP is willing to (foolishly!) try this, will it stop there?. The next step (logically - if the OP is willing to go down this path, but not sensibly!) is to then try statements to the TEC to try and 're-set the clock' when hit with bailiffs demands for the increased sums... and since those are statements to the court, with requirements for statements of truth ..... that WOULD be perjury ........

OP, listen to the good advice you've had. If the PCN can be validly challenged, challenge it.

If not, pay it while it hasn't increased.

If you really want to claim that you dont live at that address then you should be prepared to accept that you may get reported to the DVLA regarding giving them false information on the keeper details. That would of course mean that your insurance would be invalidated for the same reason.

So, a second and third FPN to add to the PCN and a massive hike in your insurance premiums whn you do eventually get someone to insure you and that will be on top of the already mentioned bailiff recovery fees, possible seizure of the vehcle etc.

Its a parking ticket for god's sake, stop being such an ass and if you cant find a fault with its issue pay it and forget about it.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.