Motormile - Fresh Default on CRA ?!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just checked my credit file today - having not checked it for months as ive not needed to and found a default in july 2016 placed on there by Mototmile Finance!! I was shocked.

After some investigative work I now know it was a cash genie loan from 2012, which defaulted in 2012!! There is no mention of cash genie on my credit report at all. There used to be but it was removed last year, i'm not sure why but might have been when they went into liquidation??

So i thought that was the matter over......and now Motormile have put a fresh default on there?? I know they are currently carrying out a redress (discovered after some research online) but how do i know if this will qualify and the default be removed?? Or should I write to them and go about this some other way??

Legally they cant add on a 2016 dated default surely?? I am livid to say the least.

We are about to look into mortgages as first time buyers and have painstaking saved up a deposit and this could now cause major problems obtaining one....or basically we will get flat out no's.

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Legally, NO! MMF cannot place a new default-period!

The CashGenie default from 2012 should remain and MMF could change the name of the creditor to their own name but the default dates MUST remain the same.

As it stands, the default should have fallen off your file next year but as MMF have unlawfully placed a new default, you could be in limbo till 2022.

Complain!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

My partner had similar with a PDL from 2013, default registered in 2016. I sent recorded letters with no response and contacted the FCA back in July - I have today received a response that they agree the default should be backdated!