Wickes refuses my custom because of where I live

Aughey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to buy an item from the Wickes website and got as far as being about to pay for it when I discovered because I live in Northern Ireland they refuse point blank to deliver to this part of the UK.

I found another mainland based company selling a similar item who do use Royal mail to deliver here.

I was very annoyed by their attitude.

It means noone in Northern Ireland can buy anything from Wickes by post.

They can reserve the right to deliver to wherever they choose. Nothing wrong with it. Wicks also use their own delivery service. Not royal mail.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Wickes' partner suppliers are companies that deliver their products directly to ..... We are currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland or remote and offshore

http://www.wickes.co.uk/quickanswers

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The item I wanted was a small metal tube. It was very annoying to be snubbed like this when I got as far as attempting to pay for the item. They could at least leave delivery options up to the customer. There are even companies in China with exactly the same delivery policy. I hardly think they exclusively use their own delivery firm.

A company has the right to do business where and with whom they wish within the constraints imposed by the law.

Do you not know someone in England who could buy it for you and send it to you?

As I said above I ordered a similar item from another UK mainland supplier who are prepared top treat Northern Ireland as a normal part of the UK. Even if I did know someone who would do that for me I am very annoyed that I should be forced into doing so.

If these big name companies want to trade on the internet they should be more obliging to their potential customers.