Xercise 4 Less / Harlands problem

Vsy94
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

i didnt want to create another thread was just after some advice.

I signed up with exerciae for less for the 1 month only at 19.99.

I paid my first month which was in october

i then paid november.

In december i was no longer going

i read the terms and conditions which i was sent and no where stated that i had to do this online.

i cancelled with my bank.

I have now been recieving letter fron harlands saying i owe money

The latest letter which was from today is from crs and i owe 134.97.

What is the best thing that i can do now?

I have filled out the cancellation form online now also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Vsy and welcome to CAG

Despite what you say above, I've moved your post to your own new thread to avoid hijacking. :wink:

Even if you joined X4Less in October 2016 on a rolling monthly agreement, you should have paid a further fee after giving them notice to cancel.

It doesn't matter that you failed to use the online system to cancel. You can say the cancellation of the DD mandate was effective notice of your desire to cancel m/ship.

Harlands/CRS will say your cancellation is only effective from when you used the online system. They'll want payments up to the online cancellation date and a final month after then PLUS their admin fees on top.

To advise properly, we need more info :-

1. Date your DD was taken in November.

2. Date you cancelled the DD mandate.

3. Date the last DD was paid to Harlands.

Simple answers to these numbered Q's please.

Ignore all comm'ns from Harlands/CRS until we advise further. Stay OFF the phone and, if they call you, hang up. Keep a log of all calls, texts and demands from Harlands/CRS.

Harlands/CRS are chancers and have no power or authority. Read other threads here to see how others are dealing with their bullying and harassment.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I paid £39.99 on 21st october first dd set up then paid £19.99 on 7th november. Im not 100% sure when i cancelled it but it must of been before the 7th december as they did not take a payment. I also recieved my first letter in December.

Hi Vsy,

As I see it, you owe them the fee due in December and that's what you should offer in writing to Harlands at their Haywards Heath address.

See this post and use the draft. Also follow the instructions about getting proof of postage - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473717-Fit4Less-and-Harlands&p=4990040&viewfull=1#post4990040

Post up a copy of the letter you send here but hide any identifiers.

Then let us know how Harlands reply.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

I sent the letter u told me and they replied daying the account had alresdy been handed over. I recieved this lettee today ehat should i do now? Dont want anything bad against mt name

"Following our initial letter, we are disappointed that your account with Xercise 4 Less is still in arrears and our fee has not been paid.

We would still like to reach amicable (lol) resolution to this, however, if you fail to respond to this letter, we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:

1. Legal action

We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Xercise 4 Less because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the Courts. If we do so the following process would apply:

1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/repay

2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the county courticon

3. You could then either:

a. make payment, ending the legal process, or

b. dispute some, or all, of the amount was owed

4. If you dispute the amount was owed the Court process would continue, at the end of which the Court would make a decision on our claim

5. A strict Court timescale will apply in relation to the Court process.

Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, a County Court Judgement (CCJ) may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on the amount owed.

If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgement. To do this we would have to make an application to the court.

2. Outsource to external agents

Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.

You can avoid this happening if within the next 10 days you contact us on 01444 449165 to arrange payment with uS

Hi Vsy,

Have you taken the time to read other threads here ?

If you had, you'd already know that this matter will NOT result in any adverse data appearing on your CRA files.

.......... and they replied saying the account had already been handed over.

If they're referring to the "account" being handed by Harlands to Credit Resolution Services (CRS), nothing has been handed over at all. They simply take off the Harlands cap. put on their CRS cap, change the letterheaded paper and write you another scary letter.

Harlands and CRS are the same outfit !!

Until and unless Harlands reply specifically to your letter I referred to in post #4, ignore all contact from Harlands/CRS but keep us posted.

There are literally hundreds of Harlands threads here and, after reading some, you'll be more confident about ignoring these chancers !!