Am I entitled to my money back

nick7602
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I had a window regulator fail and the window dropped into the door casing, I purchased a new non genuine part and asked a very well respected Bodyshop to replace the window regulator.

Mid morning I received a call to say that they had fitted the regulator I had supplied but it wasnt what they called a quality part, I asked did it work without any issues and they said yes

I collected the vehicle and it was obvious that things werent right, i had an horrendous wind noise whilst driving,

I took it back to the body shop explained what I had experienced,

the reply was "oh well its a non genuine part" but you told me it worked without any issues?...

..at this point I checked the fit of the interior door trim and found that it had not been fitted back together properly and the wind cheater plates were now sitting away from the glass....I was shocked and asked them to fix the issue......and went away...

..came back the same day to find after a test drive that it was still not right.

Am I entitled to my money back after two attempts to rectify the concern??

Many thanks for all help and reading my concern

I wasn't aware that a company who have been in business producing window regulators to the OEM market since 1955 was a rubbish company selling rubbish parts part?..

....the company is Miraglio an Italian company..

..further more I do not expect a Porsche / Ferrari / Bentley/ Audi approved bodyshop to have a devil may care attitude to the fact that they broke off the door clips to the interior door trim rendering my door trim substandard,

then proceeded to glue the clips back together on the door card without my knowledge?.......

....The body shop would have known when they offered the regulator up to the door to fit it that it wasnt going to work correctly....

at that point they should have called me...

.....why proceed when its wrong?.

......these people arnt the normal run of the mill body shop...

. they are supposed to be professional

Under the Consumer Rights Act, you are entitled to have work done which is carried out with reasonable skill and care. It seems as if that did not happen here. However, you have complicated the issue by sourcing apart from one supplier and having it fitted by somebody else. You are now in a position where they can each blame each other and you will find it very difficult and costly to unravel.