Soccer sixes in NI & 16yrs old boy - demanding money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am also having trouble with this company!!

Soccersixes !!

My 16 year old son signed himself up and his friends to join this league

In Northern Ireland only 2-3 weeks ago.

When he found out there was £27 weekly match fees he told them over the phone to forget it he didn't want to join any more as he thought it was free

Now I get a Debt letter threatening to take him to court unless he pays £162.00

When I called them they have said if I pay now they will accept £108

Which I said no as he was under age and there own t&c

Say you must be over 18 to even register but over 16 to play

As my son is only 16 he wasn't old enough to register

I however offer them £54 to make this go away as it's the 2 weeks fee's he didn't pay for not turning up but they refuse to accept this and now are tellling me they will continue to go to court saying my son has signed up to a yearly contract and if he is underage it's not there fault and they will pursue it as frued!!

I now have a friend who is a solicitor looking into this but haven't had any decision to date if I must pay it all on behalf of my 16 year old son

I never knew about this until the Debt letter came and I WAS NOT a guarantor!

you say 2-3 weeks ago. Exacty the date please plus the date he found out about the fees and when he phoned them.

It may well be that the normal cooling off period means no contract

Stop talking to the on the phone and dont offer them anything or you may well create a contract where one doesnt exist.

Good thing they turned you down.

More importantly, stop panicking,

they arent going to some round to your house and kidnap your dog as hostage to the payment

The letter doesnt say they will take him to court, that is just how you have read it.

Let them pursue the matter as fraud.

They will have to lay a complaint to the police or a magistrate and they will be told to sod off as it is a civil matter.

Even if it was taken seriously they wont get a penny because the criminal courts dont hand money over to dodgy companies, fines go to the govt.

Fraud require an intent,

do you reckon it can be proved that your son set out to gain a financial gain or service by deception or do you think that a tick box so you can continue to the next page is not showing due diligence by the league people in enforcing their own rules of application.

they are NOT FINES

and they are NOT BAILIFFS

you simply ignore them

nowt they can do to you

or your son.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then they know they dont have a leg to stand on and their threats are unwarranted.

Keep a copy of anything you get in writing or by email, note the time etc of phone calls.

Dont engage in conversation with them

just put the phone down or better still put it to one side for a few minutes and make them talk to the sofa

He signed up on the 6th January 2017 and got a phone call a few days later where he was told the £27 fee per match and told the person on the phone no thanks but this wasn't in writing !