Fedex Import Tax and ControlAccount PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I received a International parcel via Fedex from the USA in August 2016.

I then received an initial Invoice from Fedex on 06/09/16 for an amount of £26.14.

I have tried on several occasions to pay this Invoice via Fedex's online bill, throughout Sept and October. But I could never get past the purple PAY button. The systems seems broken. I also phoned atleast once, but was on the phone for well over 30 mins and gave up.

To be honest I then forgot about the payment.

On 4th January, I received an email from Control Account PLC, stating that I owe them £66.00.

Which is a fee of £26.14 + £40 in late fees.

I have phoned Fedex and Control Account and they claim that they sent me postal reminders of the Invoice due.

However I have not received any post from them whatsoever to my address.

I haved asked if they can provide proof of Posting and Delivery of these reminder letters? Such as tracking via Royal Mail First Class Recorded.

I am very happy to immediately pay the initial Invoice of £26.14.

However I do not see why I should have to pay the additional late fee of £40.00, which is more than the original bill and is an entirely made up administrative expense.

Especially when I did not receive any letters whatsoever, with the only communication that I have received from Fedex being an email on 06/09/16 and then two emails from Control Account starting on 04/01/16.

What can ControlAccount PLC do next to try and force a payment?

UPDATE - An interesting development in my case. After lot's and lot's of arguing with ControlAccount PLC, they allowed me to pay the original fee of £26.14.

They then said that a Manager would call me back on a specific day regarding the £40 late fee, but he never called back.

However a few days after that i did get a text from them saying that i should call them.

I will call them. But were do you think i stand now?

Thanks

Why would you call them? Its an unenforceable penalty charge. They know it. Just ignore them. You paid what you owed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

control account is their in house dca and can be safely ignored for ever. Thye have no reason to add a bean to any amout owed.

Was the amount you were charged just VAT plus their admin fee or was ther a duty element to it as well?

Get your senders to use UPS, they have a collect the VAT on delivery system that is much fairer on the recipient.

The payment of £26.14 to ControlAccount PLC has come out of my account. But when i check on the Fedex website, the amount of £26.14 is still shown as outstanding.

Has ControlAccount PLC put it towards their fees first?

Should have paid it to FedEx directly!

Has ControlAccount PLC put it towards their fees first?

Should have paid it to FedEx directly!

Hi, I tried paying Fedex directly. But they would not allow it.

after more phone calls.

Fedex have acknowledges that i have paid £26 and have now said that they are reviewing the dispute of the remaining £40 of controlaccount fees.

Ignore their prattle. You dont have to pay them anything else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

tell FEDEX that they are not entitled to counterpay this money to another company and that they have no authority to make up charges as they go and pretend that another desk in their building is a separate company. If it was a separate company you would be reporting them for fraud but in the meanwhile you will be doing a chargeback and telling FEDEX that you will be not payng them as they have failed to accpet the lawful paymentand therefore you can mitigate this as a decision by them that the money is no longer due.

Get your bank to cancel the transaction under the recharge rules. They will then wish that they handt been so stupid