lowells and talk talk debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i'm new here ,need help and i found this group,it's amazing how your guys help each other...

i have a problem with lowells letter regarding an old talk talk bill,

its from the time they got cyber attacked and my son said we should quit

we only had a few months left and it was beginning to be unsecure.

.Lowells have sent me a bill for 256.81

they want to discuss payments and are harrassing my son with phone calls even though the bill is in my name,

we have been with vigin now for over 2 yrs,

we thought they had accepted our email to get out of contract due to security,,,

what do i do?

do i respond to these horrible people..

.thanks in advance..

Probable its inflated termination charges

Go check your credit file not been trashed to

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The contract you signed with talktalk was legally binding so you cannot just stop paying without informing them what you are doing and agreeing a price for that cancellation.

Normally when you opt out of a phone contract you are still liable for the monthly charge until the end od the contract even though you are getting nothing in return other than being allowed to cancel mid term through the contract.

Did TT acknowledge your email?

If yes,

what did they say?

If no,

did you follow it up with another email or phone call?

It is much easier to come to an agreement you are withdrawing from when you do it at the time and get written confirmation that you are free from their contract. leaving it two years is much more difficult.

If you have heard nothing from them then you are still in dispute with them over the cyber attack where you did not feel your details were secure and you wanted to remove your details from their records.

That being the case TT should have opened a dialogue with you when you first left and so should not have passed your details to Lowells.

Complain to Lowells and TT with a view to having Lowells removed from the picture and allowing you to deal with TT on their own.

Sometimes when you change contracts midway through,

the new phone supplier will take over the unused months of your old contract providing it is mutually agreeable [with TT, not you].

It may still be possible now and all it means is that your contract with your current supplier would last longer than the one or two yer contract you with them by the number of months you were short when you left TT.

Doubtless there will still be another charge so you really need to contact TT to resolve the matter as cheaply as possible.

When you write to Lowells as well as telling them to back off because of the ongoing dispute with TT

you should also add that you are going to complain to the ICO about them talking to your son about your phone as they breach the Data Protection Act each time they told him that you owed money.

Tracy I have just found this website which may give you an out.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3292565/The-small-print-says-quit-TalkTalk-Hacked-telecoms-giant-refusing-let-customers-leave-without-paying-fees-ve-loophole.html

There is a piece by Marc Gander in it also who is the Founder of this Forum.

The way to get out is to use their contract against them .

Apparently section 18 states

"‘We take protecting your data seriously, and will do our utmost to employ appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect you against unauthorised disclosure or processing."

It then goes on to say that

" TalkTalk will only share data with third parties with the consent of the customer, and do its utmost to employ organisational and technical security measures to protect against security breach."

Read the whole article and then put in your complaint using the ideas in the above article.

TT are in breach of their own contract and you could try threatening them as well with the ICO for a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Many thanks for your email.

We would like to assure you that the recent cyber attack on our website is receiving our highest priority.

We have and will continue to keep you and all customers informed about the cyber attack.

We now know the extent of the data accessed is significantly less than originally suspected and we are in the process of contacting affected customers to let them know if any of their data was stolen.

We can confirm that sensitive financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers, was protected and investigations so far show that the information that may have been accessed is not enough on its own to take money from your bank account.

In addition, we have securely shared our customers’ details with the major UK banks so they can take their usual actions to protect customers’ accounts in the highly unlikely event that a criminal attempts to defraud them.

It’s important to remember that the cyber attack was a criminal act and we continue to act in line with our terms and conditions.

Based on the information you provided we can see that your account has now been cancelled with TalkTalk.

You should have received a letter confirming if there any outstanding charges left to pay and an estimate of what these will be.

Your final bill will be calculated in the coming weeks and sent to you.

You can also check these online in My Account.

This is what talktalk emailed back in dec 2015,everybody was cancelling not just me..

Thanks for your quick reply,,

I didn't leave mid way i think i had 2months left before my contract ended and the cyber attack and **** internet gave me a way out so i thought,

Talk talk just say it's been sold over to lowells and out their hands,

,yet i emailed them,everyone else got out easy why me..

Can i ask lowells for my orininal contract to see just what they are charging me for?

that's the site i went on at the time and printed of the letter and also emailed them..

Firstly, you need to STOP panicking!

IGNORE Lowlifes completely, and start a formal complaint against TT ASAP.

You need to keep everything in writing or email ONLY, never ever discuss anything over the phone, unless you can record your calls?

When ever you send anything via snail mail, always obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

If you email TT, then send them a hard copy of that email also.

If lowlifes or any other parasite rings then laugh and hang up. If TT try and call you, then tell them ''everything in writing'' and hang up.

As they breached the contract, you're free to leave without penalty, LESS for anything you owed them prior to the breach of contract.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks ,

I have today written a complaint into TT, not that they will respond..

I originally sent in the one from the link above in writing and email

,but they obviously didn't let me go penalty free as i assumed they would,

they would if i'd of had my details stolen

,which i think is unfair,

we should have been able to leave because of feeling insecure.