Xercise4Less & Harlands/CRS Contract Cancellation... Please Help!

rtpomfret
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

Firstly I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat.

I took out a gym membership at my local xercise4less well over 12 months ago now and I began going and then with wedding preparations and work commitments I was going less and less but keep paying my fees. About 4 months ago I cancelled my DD as I realised I had now paid 13 months and I have been receiving letters through from Harlands stating I owe them admin fees with additional charges.

I rang them up and as stated on here, completely useless and demanded I paid them in full. I told them full stop I wouldn't be paying them and that a DD cancellation meant I wanted to cancel as I'm outside my 12 month contract. Nowhere was I told during signup of the cancellation procedure. Same response followed with its in the contract etc.

I decided after reading here to ignore it and moved house with my wife and now I have received this letter through the door to my mum in laws where we were at during time of going to the gym saying they have passed it onto a company called CRS, their sister company.

I wanted to know what do you advise next? Do I do the usual social media stuff, write to head offices for xercise4less or what about watchdog?

Any help and advice would be great. I'll attach a copy of my letter for you guys to read.

Many Thanks

Ross

Hi RTP,

All the info you need is here in other Harlands/CRS threads :-

Adapt this if necessary and send to Harlands. Get a free Cert of Posting at the PO counter :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your letter of xxdate and our subsequent phone discussion.

Please note my new address for all further communications - [the address should be at the top of your letter]

I cancelled my DD mandate on xxdate and this was adequate notice of my cancellation of the gym agreement, as per the case of The OFT v Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011.

I now realise I should have paid one further month's fee for the notice period and am willing to offer you £xx.xx now. If you confirm in writing within 14 days that you'll accept £xx.xx in full settlement of all amounts due, I will pay it promptly.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or if you demand any adminicon or cancellation fees (unlawful penalties), my offer will be withdrawn and I may ignore further demands from you and/or CRS.

Such demands may be reported to Trading Standards and The CMA.

Yours faithfully,

Don't fret about Harlands/CRS demands - they are chancers who are full of hot air !!

Keep us posted when they reply.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)