Bad customer service from Mercedes Benz UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Mercedes S class S400 hybrid from Mercedes benz of Edinburgh in March 2014 to the tune of £84k.

I work as a London Chauffeur providing chauffeur services to some very prestigious clientele.

From the beginning I have endured nothing but Serious problems.

The car had a serious engine cut out problem whereby when the car was transitioning from Hybrid mode to engine it would unexpectedly just cut out and there was no throttle.

Of the many times that this happened there were two in particular that were actually life threatening and both times i had clients on board.

One time I made a judgement and entered a busy roundabout and the car cut out which nearly caused a serious collision.

This happened again whilst crossing a very busy road in London, luckily the on coming car pulled an emergency brake.

I have also had problems with the drivers seat as to date it has not stopped squeaking.

I work as a London chauffeur and this has been very distressing as well as highly embarrassing.

I first reported this issue to Mercedes of Slough who couldn't find a fault,

then I went to Mercedes of Brentford who also couldn't understand why the car was cutting out and couldn't find a fault. Mercedes of Brentford tried to cure the squeak in the seat but unfortunately didn't.

Next I went to Mercedes of Heathrow who also did a diagnostic and told me that Mercedes HQ knew about this issue and it was gearbox related.

They told me that certain tweaks had to be done to the gearbox and that the work would take half a day to complete (my cars gearbox prior to this was fine and smooth) they kept it in for a week.

During the week that they had my car they told me that they couldn't reprogram the gearbox to go into reverse.

They also tried to fix the squeak in the drivers seat but to no joy either.

When I finally got my car back I quickly realised that the transitions of the gears were not as smooth as they were prior.

I took the car back to Heathrow numerous times since then as the gearbox just didn't feel right.

Eventually I was told by Heathrow that there was nothing else that could be done by them.

They did pay one of my monthly payments but that doesn't solve the bigger problem at hand.

I made countless calls to Mercedes customer services with regards all the problems and their

answer each time was to take it to a dealership.

The big problem here is that the Uk dealerships are just not educated enough to deal with the problems of theses particular cars.

Recently Whilst on a job In December 2016 I endured yet another problem whereby the command system of the car failed which means No radio/tv or bluetooth is available in the car.

Mercedes Slough have had the car from 16/1/17 till present and I have not even been provided with a temporary replacement to work in.

I have literally had enough of this car.

I know that they have changed the car for the same problems for a few chauffeurs as we are all connected, but not me.

Im not actually asking for the car to be changed but rather for Customer Services to acknowledge the problems that I have constantly faced.

I truly feel that Im lucky to be alive.

I have had to fit cameras in the car incase I am faced with any other dangerous situations.

You don't seem to be asking for any particular advice here.

Are you posting this simply to cause poor publicity for them?

You don't seem to be asking for any particular advice here.

Are you posting this simply to cause poor publicity for them?

Well, I have tried the route of talking to Customer Services but nothing positive ever comes of it. I have highlighted many times how I'm left in dangerous situations. Do you think that the public should know about this? Perhaps you can advise me right there?

I don't think that we are here simply to help you do a hatchet job on this company. I don't think it bothers them anyway. The kind of people who normally buy Mercedes cars aren't generally speaking the kind of people who come to this forum.

If you feel that you want to make a complaint and you want some help then express your story in that way and then maybe we can help. That's what we do