Lowell Financial Want Me To Get In Touch re: Halifax Credit Card Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an outstanding £6000 debt on a Halifax credit account which I've been paying £5 a month towards consistently for the last 5 years via standing order. Just before Christmas I received a letter from Hali stating that Lowell Financial are now the debt owners and that payments they receive from me for this debt will be forwarded to them (Lowell).

I then received an introductory letter from Lowell saying pretty much the same and that they will continue to accept my current payment plan, unless I can afford more. They asked me to contact them via post, email or phone. I didn't feel the need to touch base with them as I've continued to make payments and I had nothing to say.

I've recently received another letter asking me to get in touch, again saying they won't ask me to pay more but now asking me to pay them directly. On the back of the letter has their bank details so I could just amend my standing order to pay them instead of Hali (I've not done that yet).

My questions are, should I write to them? Although I don't actually have anything to say, and should I pay them directly? Instead of waiting on Hali to forward my payments?

Ultimately at some point in the future I would like to be in a position where I would be able to make them an offer in full settlement of the debt. At the moment that's not an option but something I plan on working towards.

I hope I've covered all bases.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Ignore them

Just carry on paying what you are paying them

You could also hit Lowlife with a CCA request to see whether you should even be paying them anything?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

yep CCA request time

why don't you send an sar to HBOS to

there might be PPI and penalty charges to reclaim back.

just remember a dca is NOT A BAILIFF and has

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice Sidewinder & dx100uk. Just to clarify do you think I should continue to pay Hali or start making payments to Lowell? I'll have a read up on your suggestions of CCA & SAR's as I'm not familiar with them.

Thanks again x

TBH I would just leave the SO as it is. If Halifax have said that payments would be passed to Lowell anyway then why go to any trouble?

Only if you are happy to carry on mind, otherwise start challenging as suggested

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!