style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I enquired about joining BT in December.

While I was still with TT they kept sending me 'don't leave, speak to our loyalty team to see what they can do' messages...so I did.

28 Dec - agreed a new deal

10 Jan - not heard anything so rang them.

New deal hasn't been processed because I'd 'missed Jan's payment'

(it's DD so it's their fault they didn't take it!) made me pay Jan's bill there on the phone.

Couldn't talk about new deal because payment hasn't been processed

12 Jan - they rang me back & agreed new deal.

Later that day I received confirmation email of package....it's completely different to what we agreed on the phone!!

14 Jan - they stop my internet & phone.

Turns out they've 'processed a cancellation' from the beginning of all this mess..

.even though I stayed with them!!!

I've paid Jan's bill for them to cut me off!!!!

The new deal I've agreed starts on 26 Jan

- and I keep getting letters emails about the package I'm having and they're all different!!!!!

communicaions co's are rubbish at just that. One of the problems of phone problems is that you need a phone and internet to sort them out

Your post tile sayTT and my daughter, whose account is it and do you have access to a phone system?

I would be looking up the CEO of Talktalk (used to be Dido harding) andsending them notice that if thi isnt sorted out by the end of jan you wll leave TT and take court action to recover your monies for the last month plus whatever costs you have incurred

• 2 weeks later...
Can't you talk to your bank and ask them to refund you, surely you can't expect to pay for something you haven't received?

Think she's sorted now thank you.Been offered some compo and wifi is working.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

phatram's daughter here.

I have had an ongoing complaint with TalkTalk dating back to 28 December 2016.

To cut a long story very short; they cancelled my service incorrectly, agreed new 'go-live' dates that never happened, booked engineer visits that never happened or arrived late, kept sending me details of different packages they were signing me up to and NOW, we finally have a 'fibre' service that is running at 7Mb. An engineer came out on Friday, only to find that I haven't been switched to Fibre at all and my service is still running on ADSL!! :-x

In short, I have contacted the Communications Ombudsman, but I am after some advice about how much compensation I should be seeking for all this mess.

Is there an 'hourly' charge, or charge per 'email' or 'phonecall' (the majority of it is in writing) I can invoice them for all the time I have spent trying to sort out this mess? I have sent them at least daily email for the past 8 weeks!

Also, I was advised that I would be charged £65 for a missed appointment fee if I was not in when the engineer came...then he didn't come. So can I reverse this charge to them for wasting my time?

I am staying in tomorrow again for an engineer visit promised between 1-6pm - so we'll see if that happens!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

In short, you can't charge them anything, UNLESS you take them to court.

If you really want to kick them in the crown jewels, then vote with your feet, and go with one of their rivals, TT really are the dregs of the telecomms community, if they're not losing your personal data, then they're ensuring you get the best of their well documented customer diservice.

My advice is to get rid.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Threads merged..please do not start new threads on the same issue.

Also members should not allow other people to use their accounts......please refer to the forum rules.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

you can charge your time for a missed appointment, generally it will be successful if they have already missed one and you can prove that staying in a second time has cost you lost earnings or holiday. If you are on flexi or self employed you generally dont get a bean.