Credit Limits International (CLI) Imed Bouzamita

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This outfit has sent me a standard letter (identical to the one sent to Yoker) claiming they have have been appointed to collect part of an outstanding balance at an account with a French bank.

I have had no notification from the French bank concerning this, even though they have both my UK home address and email.

I understand that contact from a DCA without prior formal notification from a creditor counts as "harassment by a creditor".

1. Is this "company" legally allowed to contact me?

2. Are they entitled to take any legal steps to try and recover this balance?

3. Are they permitted operate in this way?

4. Can I invoice them for time spent if they contact me again?

5. Should I refer them to the FCA, even tho their membership has lapsed.

6. Should I send them a "Letter before Action" to desist from contacting me?

Any advice would be appreciated

I don't quite understand on what basis this company is contacting people, as normally the creditor owning the debt writes to the debtor advising the debt has been assigned to a debt collection agency or Solicitors.

CLI is not registered with the FCA, so i would question whether they are legally able to handle any monies received from debt collection activity.

Suggest you ignore them, as you have no proof they are authorised to chase this debt.

If the debt owner wants to enforce the debt, they can write to you with a letter before action, before issuing a court claim.

I can't see the point in spending time dealing with these letters. If you want to report this to the FCA, that is up to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

its just a new 'trend' as many DCA's even mainstream ones [not lowlifes like CLI] spread into the international market.

as with UK debts

85% of people simply cough up to a no powers DCA which is why the business in the UK is so lucrative to DCA's, if people simply stopped paying DCA's the whole fleecing business would collapse overnight.

so the big guns are now buying up international debts in the hope they can con people with those too

cli are really lowlife and can safely be ignored as long as they know your current address and cant get a CCJ by the backdoor at an old UK address.

1.yes

2.no they don't own the debt.

3.not really but whos to stop them

4.no that freeman of the land twaddle

5.you could but id suspect they are covered by their 'group/parent' CCL.

6.pers I wouldn't enter into any letter tennis.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are these the little monkeys ?

http://www.creditlimitsinternational.com/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread