Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd - cancellation problem

Guest Loona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Toni,

Based on the T&C's above, you're right to cancel with no notice period.

Cancel the DD mandate via your bank immediately.

If the pay't due on 1st Nov has already been sent from your bank, reclaim it using the DDGS.

Let us know what you get from AMSL but don't communicate with them further until you've got advice here. Remember they do not have authority or rights to demand this and that, as a means to delaying the cancellation.

:-)

Hi I also have an issue with ashbourne management.

I had to cancel my membership as I am having problems with my knees.

I have been to the doctors and have a prescription.

Ashbourne have requested a doctors letter to confirm.

The problem is my doctors surgery charge around £20 for these letters.

I explained this to Ashbourne.

I told them I could send them a copy of my prescription.

They refused and refused to cancel membership.

They have already charged an extra £20 on top of my gym fee.

And are hassling me with text messages.

Please help if you can

Thank you.

Hi Loona and welcome to CAG

Your post has been moved and you now have your own thread to use from now on.

Do NOT fret about the demands made by AMSL as they do NOT have the authority to demand that you produce specific items of paperwork. They have no powers and you have every right to challenge them. We'll help you deal with them as we've been helping folk with AMSL for many years.

You do NOT have to pay your GP for a letter !!

Can you give a little more info :-

1. Has your GP suggested you stop using the gym.

2. What's the issue with your knee (only give info you're happy to share).

3. For how long should you stop using the gym (if not permanently).

4. Roughly when did you join the gym.

5. What's the minimum period you're supposed to be a member.

6. Have you given the gym or AMSL anything in writing at all, or has all communication been verbal.

7. Do you know the date you first told the gym you needed to cancel your m/ship.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

1. Yes until the problem is solved.

2. I have been getting pains in my knees and given a perscription. No sure what problem is yet.

3.not been given a time scale

4.Think it was may/june time.

5.12 month contract.

6.Nothing in writing. I rang them on tuesday 17th Jan. There quite rude.

7. I cancelled direct debit as couldn't find my membership details.

Thank you for reply.

Hi Loona,

A bit more info please, so we can draft a letter for you to send to AMSL.

1. Can you tell us the gym you joined.

2. When was your DD normally paid each month.

3. When was the last DD paid before you cancelled it

It may be that we suggest you offer a further month's fee but we always tell folk NOT to pay any admin fees they want you to pay.

In the meantime, ignore any demands from AMSL and do NOT speak to them by phone for any reason.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

1. Boxfit Health Club

2. 9th each month.

3. Last one paid was dec 2016.

That's fine for one months payment.

It's £16.99 a month.

They have sent me another letter demanding £41.24 which is Jan fee plus admin costs.

Cheers

As DX says, Admin fees, or for their correct term, Penalty fees, are unlawful and you can ignore them.

Thank you

Ah, so you cancelled the DD before the DD was taken on 9th Jan, hence why they're after admin fees already.

Send this letter to AMSL and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you send it :-

Dear sir or madam,

Membership at Boxfit Health Club

I had to cancel my membership on the advice of my GP due to a knee problem.

You have since told me I need to supply a letter from my GP but I would have to pay for this. To avoid this outlay, I offered to send you a copy of the prescription but you've refused this. If you want to reconsider, I am still prepared to supply you with a copy of the prescription.

I also now realise I should have given you a month's notice before cancelling the DD mandate. Accordingly I now offer to pay you a further £16.99 in full and final settlement of all that I owe.

If you confirm in writing within 14 days that you'll accept this offer in full and final settlement, I will pay you promptly using the bank details you will supply for this purpose.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or you demand any higher amount, my offer will be withdrawn and I will pay you nothing.

I will not pay you any admin fees.

Yours faithfully,

If they try to call you, hang up ! Keep us informed .........

Thank you. Will do letter tomorrow. Will let you know what happens.

I have sent Ashbourne a letter last week. I received a reply today. They wrote 'Whilst it is possible to terminate your membership early due to medical reasons, you must provide a letter from your GP verifying that you have been advised not to use the gym for the forseeable future due to medical condition. In the meantime you must continue with your payments until we have received your proof, we do not accept prescriptions or appointment letter. Should you habe any problems, please contact our customer service team on the telephone number....

Hi Loona,

Dear sir or madam,

Membership at Boxfit Health Club

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

As per my last letter to you, my offer to pay is now withdrawn and I will not communicate with you further.

Any further demands from you or anyone instructed by you will be referred to Trading Standards and The CMA as formal complaints.

Keep us posted so we can give you further support.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you.

Hi.

They are now demanding £73.23. And want me to set up direct debit. I'm not doing that. They pester me with calls and texts so I've blocked them on my phone.

What can I do now please.

Forward their texts to 7726 (spam) on your phones keypad.

You can complain to ofcom for the misuse of their telephone network, but personally I'd be hammering Boxfit' omplaints procedure, AND embarassing them on social media too.

Keep a diary of the harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Loona,

I'd simply ignore the demand for now but, as BBoo says, keep a log of all contact they make.

• 2 weeks later...
Had another demand. This time for £96. Do you think I should take it to trading standards?

The CMA allege to police this industry, (competition and markets authority)

And fire the same complaint off to TS, yes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No response is needed but complain as BBoo suggests, to The CMA and TS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loona

Hi. Ashbourne are now demanding £166.94 for gym fees. Apparantly this is for outstanding amount for membership. Now threatening a solicitor with legal action.

I have rang Citizens Advice. They asked me to get the terms and conditions from Ashbourne which I am going to do.

When I have looked at complaining to CMA it directs to Citizens Advice.

Edited by Loona

Ignore AMSL's demand.

Keep the complaint to The CMA as brief as you can.

See here for complaint letters I drafted for another CAGger recently - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424491-Harlands-and-Xercise-4-Less&p=5004672&viewfull=1#post5004672

Don't copy the letters but use them for guidance for you own complaints. Post a draft here first if you want it looked over before sending.

Hi Loona,

Ignore the AMSL demand.

See letters I drafted for another CAGger here recently - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424491-Harlands-and-Xercise-4-Less&p=5004672&viewfull=1#post5004672

Don't copy the letters but use them as a guide for your own.

Post a draft here before sending if you want so it can be checked over. Keep the complaints as short as possible.

Hi Loona,

Ignore the AMSL demand.

See letters I drafted for another CAGger here recently - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424491-Harlands-and-Xercise-4-Less&p=5004672&viewfull=1#post5004672

Don't copy the letters but use them as a guide for your own.

Post a draft here before sending if you want so it can be checked over. Keep the complaints as short as possible.

Guest Loona

Thank you. Went into the gym yesterday. There looking into over next couple of days. They had no idea what Ashbourne are doing. They may be able to sort it out.