Fit4Less and Harlands

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Twinmum and welcome to CAG

When you cancelled the DD mandate, that effectively gave the gym or Harlands notice of your cancellation. They cannot argue with this as there was a High Court case which set out certain rules - The OFT -v- Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011.

You should have paid a final fee for the month's notice they were entitled to. However, they are NOT entitled to any admin fee for cancelling, nor do you have to pay admin fees for late payments or "not responding to their letters". These are unlawful penalties and are not enforceable.

You could send this to Harlands :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your letter of xxdate and our subsequent phone discussion.

I cancelled my DD mandate on xxdate and this was adequate notice of my cancellation of the gym agreement, as per the case of The OFT v Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011.

I now realise I should have paid one further month's fee for the notice period and am willing to offer you £9.99 now. If you confirm in writing within 14 days that you'll accept £9.99 in full settlement of all amounts due, I will pay it promptly.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or if you demand any admin or cancellation fees (unlawful penalties), my offer will be withdrawn and I may ignore further demands from you and/or CRS.

Such demands may be reported to Trading Standards.

Yours faithfully,

See how they respond. :-)

Hi, I'm not sure if you are still active here but if you are then I would appreciate your help. I'm in a similar situation except I was paying monthly and cancelled after the first months payment. Harlands added fees and now have passed it over to CRS. They say I was due them 21.99 but now I'm due something like 128, which I wouldn't be happy to pay. I sent them the email that you instructed to use and I got this reply "Further to your recent correspondence regarding your account balance.

We have been passed your file by Fit4Less in regards to unpaid arrears due under the terms of your Membership Agreement.

On 18 October 2016 you entered into a monthly Membership Agreement with Fit4Less. You agreed to pay £21.99 a month for a minimum period of 1 month.

As your minimum term of payments was not honoured and you failed to rectify your breach of Agreement charges were applied to your account and your file was referred to ourselves for collection.

Your membership with Fit4Less has not been cancelled correctly and your account balance remains payable. Your offer to settle your debt is not acceptable and you continue to have an outstanding account balance of £128.49, please note the additional costs incurred have been applied correctly under the Terms of your Agreement." Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi JB and welcome to CAG

You now have your own thread to use to discuss your case.

More info please :-

1. Date you joined.

2. Was it a monthly rolling agreement or did you join for a minimum 1 year.

3. Was there a reason for cancelling so soon.

4. Did you discuss cancelling with staff at all.

5. If so, what did they say about how or when to cancel.

Simple answers to each point is best please.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi JB,

It would have been better if you answered each numbered point but I think we have enough to work on.

I should have said in my last post that Harlands and CRS are really one and the same so don't believe for one second that Harlands have passed the alleged debt on to an outside DCA. Harlands/CRS can be mostly ignored.

Send this to Harlands and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you send it. Do NOT use email again, use a typed, posted letter :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your letter of xxdate about my rolling monthly gym agreement.

I cancelled my DD mandate on xxdate and this was adequate notice of my cancellation of the gym agreement, as per the case of The OFT v Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd in 2011.

I now realise I should have paid one further month's fee for the notice period and am willing to offer you £xx.xx now. If you confirm in writing within 14 days that you'll accept £xx.xx in full settlement of all amounts due, I will pay it promptly.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or if you demand any admin or cancellation fees, my offer will be withdrawn and I may ignore further demands from you and/or CRS.

Such demands may be reported to Trading Standards and The CMA.

Yours faithfully,

Keep us posted. :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)