Redlight camera . Pls give your opinions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was about to take right turn.

There was redlight camera .

I crossed the white line while camera was green and then there was one car and motor bike in the front of my car

i stoped my car just after the white line and was waiting for right turn

but then after that light changed to red behind me

I proceeded to turn right as i already had crossed the white line and there wasnt any second signal in the middle of the road so I didn't know if light is red behind me..

My question is

as you can see the first yellow arrow signboard i was there and i proceeded to take right ,

will i get the ticket for that as I didn't crossed the white line on red signal.

i crosed it on green signal but proceeded on red signal..

attachment.jpg

The issue here is that you should not have passed the white line until your exit was clear.

Of course, if traffic suddenly stopped After you crossed it, then you MAY have mitigation,

but if you crossed it when there was a queue of traffic blocking the road waiting to turn...

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

cant see why you'd get a ticket at all

no yellow box

nothing to say you cant proceed if on green if exit is blocked

if you get stuck

you get stuck.

what 1000's do every day.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Question is, did the camera flash for him.

usually its only activated on red, and then snaps a pic of a vehicle moving in front via sensors or whatever. At least the one on the wirral is like that anyway

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

doesn't say it flashed at all??

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it didn't flash: why is the OP worried?

If it did flash (set off by another vehicle?) : the OP's defence is that the lights were green when they crossed the white line, so no contravention by them has occurred.

The issue here is that you should not have passed the white line until your exit was clear.

Under what legislation do you feel this is prohibited, if the light was green at the time? (absent there being a yellow box junction)

Thx to all of you guys for your valuable opinions ,

my exit was clear but eventually that bike came in between so thats why i had to stop there.

Other thng I couldn't notice if camera flashed or not as there was van behind me n camera was 30/40 meters behind me.

about nothing you be worrying then?

and they

No it's not. There is no rule or guidance to say you should not cross a stop line unless your exit is clear for junctions that do not have "box junction" rules. In fact, even those provide an exception for vehicles waiting to turn right.

As has been explained, the offence is only completed if you actually cross the stop line whilst red is illuminated. If you have already crossed it (presumably on green) as you had then no offence is committed.

cameras set to capture anything that goes across the line when they lights are red.

You were already across the line so no flag.

the bad news for kind motorists is that move out of the way for an ambulance or fire engine and you get the letter through the post....

Yes,

since reading a couple of such episodes,

I saved the dashcam footage when it happened to me,

but then I didn't get anything.

Maybe camera was a dummy or broken.

Dashcam all the way,

too many rules on the road and being a responsible driver doesn't help sometimes (see ambulance scenario)