• Tweets

• Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
    • surprised you gave that frost article the light of day HB Long been the case that no further evidence of his wing-nutishness needed. Heck he even railed against the rubbish grate deal he largely created
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capstone REPO **WON** got SPO 2010 - Acenden now want to enforce it - help!!

Pat2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have a suspended possession order already (from a previous court hearing for arrears ?) then they can apply to the court for a warrant of eviction - there doesn't have to be a court hearing for that - they just enforce the suspended warrant.

However, if they are trying to enforce the SPO they got in 2010 - it is now 6 years old and they have to apply to the court for permission to apply for an eviction warrant. Have you actually reduced the arrears since the SPO ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a suspended possession order already (from a previous court hearing for arrears ?) then they can apply to the court for a warrant of eviction - there doesn't have to be a court hearing for that - they just enforce the suspended warrant.

There was an appeal last October that has changed that. They would have to ask the court's permission, first.

http://www.owenwhite.com/suspended-possession-orders-permission-apply-warrant/

In the recent decision in Cardiff County Council v Lee (Flowers) (2016), which was heard in the Court of Appeal on 19 October 2016 and reported on 21 October 2016, the Court of Appeal held that Civil Procedure Rule (CPR) 83.2 provides important protection for tenants. The Court made it clear that landlords who are considering applying for a warrant following a Defendant/tenant’s breach of an SPO should first ensure that permission to apply for the warrant is obtained from the Court.
If you have already made an application for a warrant based on the Defendant/tenant’s breach of an SPO without first obtaining the Court’s permission it could result in the warrant being set aside and the Defendant/tenant being able to return to the property.
But this does not apply where the lender has been granted an outright possession order.

the requirement to seek permission before applying for a warrant does NOT apply to cases where you have an outright order for possession.
Edited to add: this was to do with a tenant of a local authority. I assume it also refers to mortgage borrowers (it would be unfair if it didn't) but I am trying to find out for sure.

My reading of Civil Procedure Rule 83.2 is that this appeal decision applies to mortgage borrowers, too.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part-83-writs-and-warrants-general-provisions#83.2

the court order is usually outright possession, but suspended on terms

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If the judge makes a Suspended Possession Order then that is what it is, eviction suspended on terms.

An outright possession Order has no terms.

I do know of one instance in which Acenden failed to obtain an outright possession Order and then outrageously "scrambled" the dates on the Order that was issued to try make it work as an outright possession Order, at least for long enough to obtain a bailiff's warrant (before this latest Appeal Court decision).

this Appeal Court decision does apply to mortgagors

https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/blog/housing-blog/permission-required-for-warrant-of-possession

In accordance with Civil Procedure Rule 83.2 (1) (d), warrants of possession fall within the category of warrants which may require permission to be issued. The relevant procedure rule states that where an order is suspended on terms, most commonly in respect of payment of rent and a breach of those terms is alleged by the applicant, permission must be sought to enforce the order. This means that the applicant needs to make a separate application to the Court providing evidence of the breach which is being relied upon, before the Court can be satisfied that permission should be given to issue the warrant.
The requirement for permission to be sought before a warrant for possession is issued is seen as a safeguard for the tenant/ mortgagor and is an important stage in the process of getting possession of the property which should not be overlooked.

• 5 months later...

We have had lots to contend with and been unable to get online, sorry.

We now have a N24 General Form of Order, it was granted 6 weeks ago but we only had a copy delivered yesterday.

It says it came from our local courts but the delivery address is a completely different city many many miles away?

It just says leave was granted to enforce the possession order on 23rd June 2010.

No mortgage account number, just our names and Southern Pacific Mortgage Limited.

Since it is over 6 weeks since this was granted should we expect to receive paperwork with a date to leave by on it in the next few days?

We can not pay off the arrears,

we contacted Acenden last week via letter and this seems to be their reply.

Were merely ask for advice going forward now whilst we await social services and such for help with approaching the council to hopefully get some form of roof over our head.

We have read that we can not go to the housing department until we have a bailiffs letter with a date on

but apparently we shall recieve letters from Acenden or SPML prior to this with a date to leave by before they can ask the courts to make sure we leave by a date set by the courts?

Any idea of timescale please?

Everything seems to point toward 7 - 21 or so days from possession order being granted but they seem reluctant to tell us anything.

Tomorrow we shall be seeking advice from CAB to see if it is right that 6 weeks is usual for such a letter to arrive.

Many thanks.

its outside 6yrs surely they cant

you seriously should of gotten on top of the additional Buildings insurance and PPI issues and reclaimed the lot .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They can enforce the order from 2010 if they have permission from the court, which they seem to have done.

Have you reduced the arrears since 2010 ?

They got permission 6 weeks ago, l just wondered why so long to send the letter out.

Yes, we cleared the original arrears or so we thought, but there were still charges and fees.

We have more arrears now higher, totally our fault but there was nothing we could do about it financially.

We have had a few arrangements in place which they kept adding charges too

and they said they had not accepted the arrangement which is why fees could still be added.

Unless we made a token payment of £7000 no arrangement would be accepted.

The 'agent' was horrified as he had made a huge note of us being on low benefits and having disabled children as well as me being ill also.

Couldn't get MIR as eldest daughter earns too much and couldn't/wouldn't pay the difference even when asked by the mortgage benefits team.

I am at a loss as if we stay here daughter wants to stay so l continue to lose most of our benefits plus any MIR l could be entitled to but if we leave she will find her own place.

l am trying to find out if anyone has any idea of how many days minimum we would likely have before we have to leave if we have not had any letters from Acenden yet giving the first date.

Many thanks.

you should have reclaimed everything years ago

you shouldn't have fees/charges/insurances/debt vistors fees appearing as ARREARS, they should be a totally separate account within the mortgage from the main capital/interest.

if the DEBT is all these fees etc

then that's not correct

being taken to court etc for arrears - that figure can only be the mortgage arrears not that of a sep account within the mortgage

have you ALLL the statements from day one thru to today?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

l have no paperwork to show what the actual amount of arrears is, l mean from the courts, but l have letters showing 2 separate accounts, payment arrears and other fees. l do have all statements.

Many thanks.

and they

Thank you,

only problem is we do not know what charges have been added recently as we get twice yearly statements.

Can l still reclaim everything even if we are not here anymore?

Also,

the property number they are going for no longer exists (and Acenden are aware of this)

what if the bailiffs can not deliver paperwork because they are looking for the wrong address,

would we be frowned upon for not letting them know or is it Acendens fault for being careless?

I refuse to believe that during the past 6 weeks Acenden have been doing nothing.

get an sar running then.

what do you mean by not here anymore ...sorry you lost me?

if the bailiff cant deliver it'll be referred back to the court I would assume?

and they

Sorry DX l meant if we are no longer in the house, not sure how long we have as everyone we have approached for advice has told us it varies and depends on the Judge/Lender.

they can only take you to court for payment arrears

an how much is that?

and they

Do you want to stay in the house? if so are you able to make normal monthly payment plus something towards the arrears each month ?

Payment arrears are £7000.

We can only afford to stay in the house if eldest daughter gets her own place as we get over a third of our benefits stopped plus no claim for MIR as she earns too high a wage,

l feel leaving will be better for my other children even if we have an uncertain immediate future.

Many thanks.