IRESA ENERGY - Good or Bad?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

My current EDF tariff is due to expire in March and so I've been checking out various providers and tariffs to see what's out there and what's good.

A company called Iresa Energy have consistently been showing up at or near the top of every search on every website I've checked.

However... I've never heard of them before, and info and customer reviews/ratings seem a little thin on the ground.

So I was hoping to glean some advice/info from this wonderful place... Knowing that if you've had a lot of people talking about them on here... that's not always a good thing. :)

My other question is that I cannot find any info about their participation in the Warm Home Discount scheme.

Which brings me to my 3rd question... I applied for the WHD with EDF at the end of Sept 2016 and have received a reply that my application has been received... but not if I've been granted it yet. I've had it for the previous 2yrs and it's come in very handy with winter heating bills. The savings from Iresa over the next 12 months aren't enough to make up what the WHD gives me.

None of the comparison sites seem to take the HD as a factor... and companies participation via those sites is scare or non existent.

I've got a couple of months before my tariff ends... so not urgent, plenty of time to gather info together before the switch.

Thanks

Well I don't know where you are looking, but I am finding quite critical reviews of them pretty easily.

The trouble is, that when you see companies with great reviews – you don't know if there is great reviews have been procured in some way. When you see companies with bad reviews, you can't be certain whether it is in some competitor is decided to try and stitch them up.

Well I don't know where you are looking, but I am finding quite critical reviews of them pretty easily.

The trouble is, that when you see companies with great reviews – you don't know if there is great reviews have been procured in some way. When you see companies with bad reviews, you can't be certain whether it is in some competitor is decided to try and stitch them up.

As I said, info and reviews seem thin on the ground... and because there's so little info.. it's hard to judge how accurate it actually is, as you've pointed out. I figured where better to get a more accurate picture than the consumer forums that deal with all these kinds of problems... A glut of post/threads regarding them would indicate serious shortcomings... but again, info on here seems sparse.

A lack of info is as bad as a lot of bad info in my book... Unless I see evidence to support otherwise, I'll assume that they're just another newly established company without a proven track record and a much higher chance of going under.

• 3 months later...

Under no circumstances should you switch to this company. The customer support is non-existent. I have tried ringing their "help" desk on six occasions and never been less than 21st in the queue. After waiting five minutes the position never reduces. I filed a support ticket and after 10 days it hasn't even been reviewed. I have even tried emailing their CEO - needless to say, no response.

A completely hopeless outfit that needs to be shut down.

• 1 month later...

Iresa can have poor service at times I now but they are "much"cheaper than British Gas.My bill over 8 months to heat a 3 bedroom house was £420,(October to June.2017 inclusive).Last year it was £720 with BG.I did get a bill for £3600 for 1 month but after emailing them got an apology and was sorted within 24 hours.My British Gas bill last year was £1100,I estimate this year with the summer season on its way the bill will be £700 for the 12 months.