Direct bikes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if any one can help me I bought a new scooter of direct bikes. I have had a lot of problems with the bike from day 1 but after I contacted them for spare parts they said my warranty was void because I didn't service the bike after 300 km . I assumed that the bike was new and as long as I run it in that would be ok so I payed for the parts myself and carried on more problems came so in the garage again it went more expense for me and to top it all it's in the garage now but can't be fixed as the engine has siezed once again I contacted direct bikes as the bike is only 7 months old and for the engine to cease up is unheard off. Direct bikes said the same again not serviced so they won't help just wondering if there is anything I can do the bike is newish for it to break is a complete joke

We have several threads on this forum about this company Direct Bikes. Of course, any bike or car or any other item one buys can go wrong or can be sold with a defect – it's generally speaking how the company which sold it deals with the problem afterwards.

Your contract with Direct Bikes is subject to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which requires that the bike be of satisfactory quality and remains that way for a reasonable period of time – probably several years (subject to wear and tear). Although it would have been helpful to have the bike serviced as per the seller's requirements, if you can show that your failure to service it did not contribute to the eventual breakdown or any of the faults which occurred, then you will be protected by the 2015 legislation.

I can imagine that Direct Bikes has lots of very satisfactory customers, but certainly our experience here is that when things go wrong, they don't seem to mind damaging their reputation for customer service when dealing with these problems.

It would be helpful if you gave us a bullet pointed chronology of the problems which have occurred, and what you did in respect of each one and what it cost you.

Also, did you make any attempt to contact Direct Bikes about any of these faults as they develop?

What I'm asking for is a clearly set out, step-by-step account of what has happened and what is the explanation for the present state of the bike.

I should add, that our experience with this company is that they tend to monitor the Internet – and this forum in particular. In the past, when they have discovered that people are on this forum complaining about them, they have become quite threatening about possible action against the customer. We had even had legal threats against ourselves in the past.

If you hear from Direct Bikes in respect of posts that you make on this forum, don't be panicked by it, but let us know immediately.

As long as everything you say is truthful and expressed moderately, you have nothing to worry about