Halifax debt sold to Cabot Apparently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I defaulted on an overdraft with Halifax about 4 years ago,

the account kept going round in circles with Halifax charging me for going overdrawn which was putting me back to be being overdrawn or no access to funds.

I tried to fight them on it, but they were not budging and i got tired.

I stopped using that account and got a new current account and have never looked back.

However, Halifax have never contacted me about the debt,

I have moved twice since and looking at my credit file it seems they have sold the debt to Cabot and has my current address.

Cabot have never contacted me either, no emails or letters.

I was thinking of sending a SAR to halifax to see what charges have been added on,

what correspondence they think they have sent and the balance when it was sold to Cabot.

Before I do that though, i wanted to ask if anyone else had any better ideas of what my stance should be.

Thank you in advance :)

Egg - WAR!

Natwest - WAR!

First Direct - Got my money back - £ 3249.71

:o

Your stance should be to do nothing unless and until Cabot start threatening, and even then you resist for as long as possible

Have Halifax got your new address? That would be the one that Cabot send paperwork to, so if that is up to date it should reduce the risk of them getting a CCJ against your old address and you then having to set aside

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi sidewinder

Thanks for reply. I'm concerned about how it's affecting my credit rating.

Your stance should be to do nothing unless and until Cabot start threatening, and even then you resist for as long as possible

Have Halifax got your new address? That would be the one that Cabot send paperwork to, so if that is up to date it should reduce the risk of them getting a CCJ against your old address and you then having to set aside

Egg - WAR!

Natwest - WAR!

First Direct - Got my money back - £ 3249.71

:o

Hi sidewinder

Thanks for reply. I'm concerned about how it's affecting my credit rating.

Well you only have a further 2 years before it drops off and at which time it will become statute barred...so I would see it out if possible...until Cabot actually catch up with you.;

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread