Who do I claim against please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My little Café was due to re open after Christmas on 3rd Jan. On that day I went in to find no hot water and a huge brown stain on the ceiling.

I called my Landlord who came over to try and sort the boiler, but to no avail. He said the water from the ceiling could be part of the problem.

The space that I rent is from a Landlord, who then uses and agent, Fischer German.

So, that day I could not clean or trade.

The next day I went back and found a chap working on the boiler. He went up into the roof and found a valve which had been left loose by anther Company who had installed pipework just a few days before Christmas. He was instructed by the Landlord's Agent to tighten the valve, which he did, but, at the same time put his knee through the ceiling and down came all the water!

I have been unable to trade and have contacted the Company who fitted the new pipework and caused the leak. I've asked for £150 per day whilst the premises cannot be used, a £200 food wastage fee and the cost of a deep clean (as the insulation is fibre glass).

They have agreed to repair the ceiling and pay for a deep clean, however, they dispute any other charges and say it's down to the man from the boiler company as he put his knee through the ceiling!

I'm not sure which way to turn, I'm earning nothing and do not have an insurance to cover business interruption. In my eyes, the people who caused the leak should be the people who pay. Even though someone has put a knee through the ceiling it was still holding a large amount of water and so too was the insulation.

Please could someone give me some advice on this?

you are right to pursue the plumbers as it is all their fault and the damage done is water damage, the hole in the ceiling doesnt actually affect your business. They are just trying to muddy the waters and mkae you look elsewhere for a remedy when you were barking up the correct tree. If it goes to court you can name the boiler worker as co-respondent and let the court decide who carries the most blame ( and will order costs proportioned accordingly)