Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder holyjoemuttley Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2010

WOW!!

I'm feeling quite positive over this

Please excuse me if I come across as being naive.... but I am!

I've just sent an email to Autotrader requesting the info as suggested by BazzaS so I'll let you know the response when I have it.

In regard to steampowered's question regarding names/accounts on invoices etc......nothing. Plus it was a cash sale (dozy, I know! )

I sincerely appreciate your help guys!

When I contacted the Sheriff's Office they said I could transfer the CCJ between a company and an individual. The issue for them/me was there was no name.

Only when I contacted Citizens Advice did I notice that there was no VAT number on the invoice which I immediately reported to the HMRC. What they did with that info I wasn't informed.

Regs

Holy

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Default Re: CCJ against Northampton Autosports now Performance Trade Centre - Can i Transfer the CCJ?

I'm guilty of using 'company' and 'business' interchangeably, where it is probably better to stick to 'business', as it seems Northampton Autosports was a business, not a 'company' per se (well, definately not a limited company or LLP needing to be registered at Companies House).

Although the business may not exist any longer, the CCJ is against the individual(s) who was/were the business (or partnership), through that business, and that won't 'die' with the 'death' of that business.

The ongoing issue is them not being named. Seek advice from HCEOs on if the information you have is enough for enforcement against the 2nd business / the likelyhood of getting the CCJ amended to cover the 2nd business
    on the basis of the 2 businesses not being limited companies and (likely) having the same owner even if Mr/Mrs/Miss X's name isn't known.

Site Team steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2012

Default Re: CCJ against Northampton Autosports now Performance Trade Centre - Can i Transfer the CCJ?

Quote Originally Posted by holyjoemuttley View Post
    When I contacted the Sheriff's Office they said I could transfer the CCJ between a company and an individual. The issue for them/me was there was no name.
    This is the difficulty. As BazzaS points out, this isn't a case of transferring a CCJ between a company and an individual. In fact there is no company.

Definitely one for the HCEOs as to whether they can enforce simply against a business name.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder StormWarrior Novitiate StormWarrior's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Cool Re: CCJ against Northampton Autosports now Performance Trade Centre - Can i Transfer the CCJ?

How to deal with the 'sorry mate, data protection' fob off

DPA1998 Section 32, subsection 2, para (a) and/or (b)

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

S. 32? "Journalism, literature and art."???

Or S.35?? "Disclosures required by law or made in connection with legal proceedings etc."
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/35

Basic Account Holder StormWarrior Novitiate StormWarrior's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2007

Whoops typoicon. Thanks BazzaS

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate
    Follows
    Following

Hi Guys,

Email reply from Autotrader.....

Due to the fact we would potentially be divulging data protected information it would require an authority such as Trading Standards to request this information formally.

We do work closely with Trading Standards and so if you are in touch with someone there please feel free to pass over our contact details and we will be more than happy to assist.

I will look into the below as much as we can to see if there is any action we would be able to take internally.

I'm off work today so I'll be calling TS later.

Cheers again for your support

Holy

Basic Account Holder Spume Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2017

Hi all

New to the forum as this thread has proved a useful heads up in my search for a used car.

@holyjoe:
    As a result I widened my search a bit and came up with something which may mean I can return the favour if you're still watching the thread.

As a new member I can't pm direct and as I'm not sure how far I should go with this, rather than try and post a link, may I suggest you try a google site search for "Northampton Autosports" on vat-search.eu

Hope it helps

Spume

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Spume View Post
    Hi all

New to the forum as this thread has proved a useful heads up in my search for a used car.

@holyjoe:
    As a result I widened my search a bit and came up with something which may mean I can return the favour if you're still watching the thread.

As a new member I can't pm direct and as I'm not sure how far I should go with this, rather than try and post a link, may I suggest you try a google site search for "Northampton Autosports" on vat-search.eu

Hope it helps

Spume
    You're a STAR!!!!!

Many thanks for that.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers again

Hi Guys,

I finally got some time off to deal with this.

I just contacted the Sheriff's Office and they've told me I need to complete a N244icon form. This is an application to the court to transfer the name. The cost for doing this is 255 with no guarantee of success

Do I continue? I was awarded the original judgement because they didn't bother replying to any communications from either me or the court. Does it sound in my favour? Any experience with a transfer of debt by anyone?

Cheers again, guys.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

It does not require a hearing to change name of the judgment debtor....application without hearing 100.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...at-Sept-2015**

Andy

We could do with some help from you

Follows
    Following

Cheers for the info.

That's the N244icon application is the one that I've got, but the Sheriff's Office and the Money Claims Centre both quoted me 255. I've tried finding the price online but I haven't found it. Plus I'm not too sure if I'll fill the form in correctly

Cheers again

Holy

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Its 255 with a hearing....you do not require a hearing...so 100

We could do with some help from you

Follows
    Following

Hi Guys,

Well after contacting a few places I can't seem to find the guy's home address so I can transfer the debt to him personally. CA and the Sheriff's Office all say that I can't get that info. Without it though I'm stuck.

Any ideas, please, please, please?

Many thanks in advance

I've got one address,
    but how do I know if it's current?

I'm certainly not going to sit outside it and wait for his return

Default Re: Got a CCJ against X now they've changed name!! Can i Transfer the CCJ?

The address listed in:
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-59528-1191754
    looks residential. The company changed its registered office address from there in 2010.
    Was he there? Is he still?.

Can you track down anyone connected with the company (the secretary, prior to his resignation, has an address listed from back then in Staffs, and may be a relative of his, for example .......)

Consider involving a 'trace agent'. Some offer 'no trace, no fee' but I don't know if they use more than facebook/twitter/ Companies House.......

At least one of the well known HCEO firms offers a "debtor tracing service", with 'no trace, no fee', and lists the info sources they use including the Land Registry, BT database, Experian database, and vehicles through the HPI database (and if enforcement is being done through them, DVLA's database if they are the Registered Keeper of a vehicle........).

It isn't for me to recommend firms, but in your first post you mentioned a well known firm of HCEO's .... if you have already been in contact with them might it be worth going back to them with an update and seeing what they say?

Default Re: Got a CCJ against X now they've changed name!! Can i Transfer the CCJ?

Cheers, BazzaS for the information.

The home address listed on the link is the same as I have!

However, it's really strange that this particular notice was published in 2010, but he closed Northampton Autosports last year and opened two doors down as Performance Trade Cars. It seems opening and closing companies is a regular thing for him!

When I contacted the Sheriff's Office they said they can go on the last known address, but if it's not correct there's not much else they can do. For someone like me with no knowledge of legal routes etc. this is a real minefield! I can't understand how the average Joe Bloggs continue. Many times I've thought about giving up on this, but pride doesn't let me.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

192.com?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Siecroz Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2017

Hi there

Came across this a few weeks ago on this site and noticed that you are chasing this company.

I've just had the misfortune to have dealings with him. We've managed to get our money back for a faulty car put not before a huge argument in front of other customers of his and a lot of offensive language and verbal abuse.

He is still very much trading.

I'm not sure if what I know about him so far will help you but please feel free to get in touch.

[removed]

Good luck

email removed please read out rules.
    if you have infomation to privately share
    then email admin@consumeractiongroup .co.uk [no spaces]

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details