CCJ against Northampton Autosports now Performance Trade Centre - Can i Transfer the CCJ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Email reply from Autotrader.....

Due to the fact we would potentially be divulging data protected information it would require an authority such as Trading Standards to request this information formally.

We do work closely with Trading Standards and so if you are in touch with someone there please feel free to pass over our contact details and we will be more than happy to assist.

I will look into the below as much as we can to see if there is any action we would be able to take internally.

I'm off work today so I'll be calling TS later.

Cheers again for your support

Holy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

New to the forum as this thread has proved a useful heads up in my search for a used car.

@holyjoe:

As a result I widened my search a bit and came up with something which may mean I can return the favour if you're still watching the thread.

As a new member I can't pm direct and as I'm not sure how far I should go with this, rather than try and post a link, may I suggest you try a google site search for "Northampton Autosports" on vat-search.eu

Hope it helps

Spume

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

New to the forum as this thread has proved a useful heads up in my search for a used car.

@holyjoe:

As a result I widened my search a bit and came up with something which may mean I can return the favour if you're still watching the thread.

As a new member I can't pm direct and as I'm not sure how far I should go with this, rather than try and post a link, may I suggest you try a google site search for "Northampton Autosports" on vat-search.eu

Hope it helps

Spume

You're a STAR!!!!! :)

Many thanks for that.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers again :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I finally got some time off to deal with this.

I just contacted the Sheriff's Office and they've told me I need to complete a N244 form. This is an application to the court to transfer the name. The cost for doing this is £255 with no guarantee of success :(

Do I continue? I was awarded the original judgement because they didn't bother replying to any communications from either me or the court. Does it sound in my favour? Any experience with a transfer of debt by anyone?

Cheers again, guys.

It does not require a hearing to change name of the judgment debtor....application without hearing £100.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406095-LEGAL-N244-Application-Notice-**Correct-as-at-Sept-2015**

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Cheers for the info.

That's the N244 application is the one that I've got, but the Sheriff's Office and the Money Claims Centre both quoted me £255. I've tried finding the price online but I haven't found it. Plus I'm not too sure if I'll fill the form in correctly :(

Cheers again

Holy

Its £255 with a hearing....you do not require a hearing...so £100

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Well after contacting a few places I can't seem to find the guy's home address so I can transfer the debt to him personally. CA and the Sheriff's Office all say that I can't get that info. Without it though I'm stuck.

Any ideas, please, please, please?

Many thanks in advance

I've got one address,

but how do I know if it's current?

I'm certainly not going to sit outside it and wait for his return :)

The address listed in:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-59528-1191754

looks residential. The company changed its registered office address from there in 2010.

Was he there? Is he still?.

Can you track down anyone connected with the company (the secretary, prior to his resignation, has an address listed from back then in Staffs, and may be a relative of his, for example .......)

Consider involving a 'trace agent'. Some offer 'no trace, no fee' but I don't know if they use more than facebook/twitter/ Companies House.......

At least one of the well known HCEO firms offers a "debtor tracing service", with 'no trace, no fee', and lists the info sources they use including the Land Registry, BT database, Experian database, and vehicles through the HPI database (and if enforcement is being done through them, DVLA's database if they are the Registered Keeper of a vehicle........).

It isn't for me to recommend firms, but in your first post you mentioned a well known firm of HCEO's .... if you have already been in contact with them might it be worth going back to them with an update and seeing what they say?

Cheers, BazzaS for the information.

The home address listed on the link is the same as I have! :)

However, it's really strange that this particular notice was published in 2010, but he closed Northampton Autosports last year and opened two doors down as Performance Trade Cars. It seems opening and closing companies is a regular thing for him!

When I contacted the Sheriff's Office they said they can go on the last known address, but if it's not correct there's not much else they can do. For someone like me with no knowledge of legal routes etc. this is a real minefield! I can't understand how the average Joe Bloggs continue. Many times I've thought about giving up on this, but pride doesn't let me.

192.com?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Came across this a few weeks ago on this site and noticed that you are chasing this company.

I've just had the misfortune to have dealings with him. We've managed to get our money back for a faulty car put not before a huge argument in front of other customers of his and a lot of offensive language and verbal abuse.

He is still very much trading.

I'm not sure if what I know about him so far will help you but please feel free to get in touch.

[removed]

Good luck

email removed please read out rules.

if you have infomation to privately share

then email [email protected] [no spaces]

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

An update for you all who have been giving me .

After contacting solicitors and CA who didn't have a clue on how to progress and therefore getting absolutely nowhere, I decided to contact DCBL.

I phoned, completed a form sat back and waited..... today they got my money.

For ignoring all court documents and letters, and letters from DCBL, they ended up paying in excess of £4000 including all costs. :)

However, it doesn't stop there.

Within half an hour an owner of the business and a 'secretary' were at my home!

They were demanding that I hand over the car or they'd report it as stolen.

I told him to contact the Police, but the Police wouldn't do anything as it's a civil matter.

The judgement does not say that the car is to be returned only that they should pay the debt because they failed to respond.

DCBL said they are just trying it on to see if they can recoup any of their money.

I can't thank you guys enough for the support, advice and time you've given me through the past 18 months. It's been a long drawn out process, but without your help I wouldn't have won.

Cheers, CAG :)

Apologies. I've emailed the address above.

Thanks.

Hi Siecroz

I'm really sorry, but I've only just seen your message.

I've given my email address to admin to pass on to you.

It'd be great to have a chin wag about this :)

hey well done!!

dx

and they

why

you don't need 30 posts to upload

and they

we would rather this was done in the open

dx

and they

Sorry, buddy.

It seems we have had the same problem with the same person, so it was just to have a gossip. Please be assured that we will keep this thread up to date if there's anything relevant.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want us to get our "frustrations" out on here :)

:lol::lol:

and they

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Well, when you think it's finally over.......... :)

I just got back from holiday to find a registered letter waiting for me. Can I be bold and ask again for your assistance?

According to DCBL the writ shows no requirement for the vehicle to be returned and they believe he's just trying it on.

Please note,

1) Northampton Autosports did not reply to any correspondence from either me or the court last year.

2) The company closed during the time I was taking them to court and they opened Performance Trade Cars two units away.

3) The court transferred the debt to the only named owner of Northampton Autosports.

4) He did not reply to that transfer.

5) He only decided he wanted the car back after DCBL paid him a visit.

6) He refused to pay until they started listing items which meant the original debt of £2700 became just over £4000 inc. DCBL costs.

As you will see on the attached copies of the letter there is no name and no address of Northampton Autosports as the company doesn't exist.

If there's anymore info you need, please, please ask.

Many thanks in advance

Holy

CAG 1 PDF.pdf

CAG 2 PDF.pdf