Littering Fixed Penalty Notice Swansea

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they are holding the device used to take the pic I hope it's not the camera function of their mobile phone or any device classed under the criminal offence of using a hand held device while driving!

Yes it would be a criminal offence, as i don't think a CEO has any opt out. The photos taken from a drivers seat of a vehicle of a vehicle in front, only confirm that the CEO might have committed an offence. Shows no littering offence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

He has responded please complete the ticket and the matter willl progress to court or please inform us the identity of the driver which is required by law.

I think it is time I got his email and the letter was sent over , is it worth mentioning the offence commited using a camera while in charge of a motor vehicle at this point.

I think some proper legislation needs to come into play on the letter its not heavy enough.

Due to my work actually ending up in court could be very costly for me as I am in the civil service.

I don't know what law you can quote which makes a letter more 'heavy'.

If you are being truthful on CAG and i always presume people are stating facts, then you have nothing to worry about by going to court if necessary, swearing under oath that you did not commit any offence of littering. Magistrates with no evidence of an offence, are unlikely to find you guilty. They can't just take word of a CEO and believe every photo of the back of a car, is a motorist driving away after littering.

Just complete the ticket rejecting this allegation, stating you were the driver and send the letter stating your case. Also mention that the CEO looks to have committed an offence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

pes I wouldn't be citing he is doing anything wrong...

ok lets cut to the chase first

did something get thrown out the windows please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it did not. If it had and I was caught I would have accepted the fine and paid it. It is looking increasingly likely I may have to do that anyway.

I can not tell you on an open forum the reasons why I can not be summoned to court.

This is the law that applies

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/43/section/88

If there is a occupation reason as to why you cannot be summons, then advise the council of the issues. If you are a civil servant,you might have legal representation cover through any Union you are a member of.

Also your home or car insurance might have legal cover included.

They have no evidence whatsoever apart from ceo word which if, and only if, it comes to court you or your legal representative will be able to cross examine.

At that point there are several tricks to wind them up and make them contradict themselves, including the fact that they used a handheld device to take a picture while in control of a vehicle.

He'll probably deny that first by instinct and after seeing the picture he would probably say that he was stationary with handbrake on which is still not allowed and will prove he's a liar.

As said, these people have to justify their existence and cannot come back to base without "bookings" otherwise they get some telling off