Problems with royal mail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This problem with the Royal Mail has been going on since October last year.

I ordered a TV digital receiver from on-line and I received notifications 2 days later that it had been delivered to my address.

Got home there was no parcel

i contacted the delivery office and they said i should contact Royal mail Customer service.

To cut a long story short, all these attempts failed.

i was now forced to go through their complaints process which ended up with the Postal Redress Service (POSTRS) claiming i do not have a claim.

what bothers me is that the postman changed his story 3 times.

Firstly he claimed he posted the parcel to the address,

secondly, he gave it to someone at the address and

thirdly, he claimed to have posted the parcel through my letter box which i disputed because it was too large to go through the latter box.

Despite these evidences of gross negligence on the part of royal mail.

they continue to quote an immunity clause Act of 2000,

which in effect absorbs them of any responsibility.

The sender of this parcel has got all the proof of postage and delivery, so i am left hanging in the balance and out of pocket.

I can only describe the royal mails attitude towards this matter as appalling and disgraceful.

They just behave as a law onto themselves and believe they are too big an organization to be taken on by an individual.

I am beginning to suspect a case of theft by the postman,

because when i confronted my regular postman about the item,

he said he was actually on holiday that week in question.

The Royal Mail used an agency staff who stole my parcel and updated his system to make it appear as if he had actually delivered it.

Please any advice on the next step. Thanks

Royal mail is very difficult to deal with – although we have found that if you are prepared to start proceedings against them, they end up seeing sense and paying out as a gesture of goodwill. However, they keep on falling back on this immunity thing regardless of what happens.

Of course, the responsibility is with your supplier. Who are they? Also how did you pay? If you paid on debit card or credit card then you should be making a chargeback or claiming under section 75 of the consumer credit act.

Please give us more details about this transaction

Thanks for your response. I bought the item from a trader on Ebay and i paid through pay pal. Pay pal have claimed that the trader has his tracking detail which shows the item was delivered. I do believe the trader. The problem is with Royal Mail and their arrogance towards their customers.

Hi

I see a problem with this. While you could claim as a third party(BankFodder is better at explaining this), the original contract to deliver was with the seller on Ebay. It is over a year later now so Ebay won't be interested and I doubt Paypal will want to get involved either.

While I may be wrong on this, s75 is out as too long has passed and chargeback may not work either as you used Paypal (if you used a debit card)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I hadn't appreciated that this was over a year ago. I thought it was just this October. By leaving it so long, you have complicated the matter. What is it worth?

If the seller is a commercial trader then you could sue them with a high chance of success. It would be the easiest option. If you wanted to sue Royal mail, then you can do that also and with the three versions of what happened – which I presume you have in writing, I can imagine that Royal mail will simply put their hands up in the end.

Alternatively, you could just put it down to experience – that you have to react more quickly and not get involved in protracted discussion with anybody about anything.