Close Brothers insurance Finance - £30 missed payment fee

belgarion22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JI have taken out an insurance policy with an instalment plan

the instalments are through Close Brothers

now due to my boiler blowing up just after I took out the policy I didn't have enough to make the payment on the loan.

I called today to make the payment and asked if they would take off the £30 charge,

the lady said she would check and after keeping me on hold for 10 minutes told me they couldn't do anything about the charge and I had to pay in full

they told me they had a right to charge this amount and would charge it again in the future If I missed another payment.

I have also checked my bank statements and with out notice they had tried to take my premium again 7 days after the first failed with the £30 fee included.

Can I still claim these fees back or can they just quote the collection act at me as the person on the telephone said they were using

:mad2::mad2:

The ''Collections Act?''

Never heard of it!!

Can you set up a standing order so you control your bank account?

£30 for a failed payment is a penalty charge, and I'd certainly be looking at reclaiming that off them!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!