• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DEL backdoor CCJ for Surrey County Council car park??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a very difficult situation with DEL.

I was using a hire car.

The hire car sent me the charge.

I made the payment or at least I thought I made the payment.

My bank statement shows payment gone through but DEL received anything.

It turns out that there was error with the bank processing system and somehow the last digit of account number was missing.

The bank processed the transaction and have resent the original amount.

DEL claims that they sent me a letter for payment which I never received.

And I have asked them numerous times in the last week to send a copy of the letter that they sent.

First they said that it was sent recorded delivery.

I asked who signed for it and they didn't respond.

Then they admitted that it was never sent.

Now the MD of DEL wrote to me stating that letter was sent.

I don't have a problem with paying the charge

however, I never received any notice from DEL that payment was due until I received letters from Gladstones and their Debt collectors.

Please is anybody able to provide any guidance or advice about my rights?

Below is the copy of the email received today:

-----------------------------

Dear Sailesh,

Your email has been forwarded onto me to review.

Looking at the case

, it would appear that judgment was entered against you on 31/08/2016.

As such, we regret that we cannot accept the original charge amount and that we will be pursuing the full judgment amount.

If you wish to resolve the matter,

please make payment for the outstanding amount at your earliest convenience and we will ensure that our agents notify the Court that the judgment has been satisfied.

Please note that we are unable to accept payment directly.

Further details of how a County Court Judgment is obtained can be found at the following link: Trust online link

We trust this answers your queries

. Please note that we will not engage in protracted correspondence regarding your Claim and subsequent judgment.

You’ve been given the opportunity to dispute the matter and we are now in a position whereby we will seek to enforce the judgment against you.

If you wish to dispute the judgment then we would suggest that you seek independent legal advice as to how this may be achieved.

Kind regards,

Dyl Kurpil LLM/LLB (Hons) Law

Managing Director

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they have a CCJ the

Did you get any of the court paperwork like a claim form?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So they have a CCJ the

Did you get any of the court paperwork like a claim form?

Thank you for your time to read my request.

No, I have nothing except the a letter from Gladstones and their debt collect agency. And this is when I found out that there is CCJ against me.

I have requested copy of the judgement that DEL have entered against me but they refuse to send me anything.

go phone northants bulk

ask for a copy of the claimform

whilst on the phone

ask the address the claimform was served to.

if you didn't receive the claimform and it was sent to another address or was sent to your correct address but you never got it

you need to apply to get it set aside

however that'll cost you £255 unless DEL will set aside by consent for free.

something is phishy here

me thinks they purposefully got a backdoor CCJ.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do you have the CCJ number you'll need that before ringing northants bulk

might be on your credit file

you cant use trustonline as you don't know the address it was served too

and they

Many thanks for your replies.

I have CCJ number and I know it was served to my address because both Gladstones and their debt collector have the my address.

I am assuming that DEL, if they sent letter, to my address but I never received anything until a couple of weeks ago.

If I had received this letter from DEL about the payment,

they I would have sorted it out straight away.

Please how will set side help?

just because gladdy's and their powerless DCA wrote to your address

does NOT mean the claim was served to the correct one

bu anyway, you WANT it to have been served there

as then you can claim your didn't get it.

and that's part way toward a setaside

you'd still need a defence for the parking ticket mind

but knowing DEL that will be easy

as their signs are 9/10 non compliant

and they don't I bet own the land they issued the ticket from.

though as you've probably spotted

paying the CCJ is cheaper than setaside [£255]

but thats why they keep costs/claim low value and try and sneak them through

people wont bother to set aside as its twice the cost.

so they WIN

and can trumpet these wins on their website to scare other people.

look we've issued 100's of CCJ's and won all these...

your call

and they

I wrote to DEL asking for set-aside and this is their reply:

Thank you for your email.

We were provided your details from the Hire Company.

The address we have on record is the same address as you have provided to us.

As such, we are confident that the address was suitable for service under the Civil Procedure Rules.

We are of the opinion that there is no real prospect of success in you defending the claim.

Nor do we believe that there is any other compelling reason why the judgment should be set aside.

For these reasons we are not prepared to consent to the judgment being set aside.

You may still apply to have the judgment set aside.

Details of how to do this, and the costs involved, can be found at

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/overview.

Kind regards,

Dyl Kurpil

MD

so looks like you simply didn't receive it.

strange they assume you'd have no real chance of defending

nor theres no reason to set aside as you didn't get the claimform.

doesn't sound right to me those two

they've no real reason to quote those and its not their decision anyway

other than in the context of allowing you a free set aside

rather than paying the £255 fee

so it boils down to what I guessed...

Pay the CCJ off which is cheaper than the set aside.

or set it aside stating you didn't get the claimform.

as for if you have a real chance of defending , going by other thread here you most probably do.

it also smacks me strange you got no previous letters warning of court action or did you?

can you tell us why and where you got the ticket please

and they

Thank you for your reply.

I definitely didn't receive the notice. As mentioned previously, I did try to make payment but the payment didn't go through. If I had received the notice then I would checked my bank statement and would have initiated another payment.

It was No permit/unauthorised parking at Surrey County council hall in Kingston on Penrhyn Road at 8:50pm. I was using a hire car. The rental car company provided my address to them.

not one we've had before

what date was the 'offence' and are you nearby it?

as photos of the signage would be useful.

that CCJ is going hurt you for 6yrs if you don't get it set aside

unless they agree to remove it if you pay whats owed.

and they

It happened on the 24th March 2016.

Date of notice is 1st April 2016.

I first received the notice on the 26th April 2016, same day I posted the cheque.

No I do not live near by. I live in Amsterdam.

My bank rectified the mistake and they have already resend the original transaction.

I am not living at the address that rental car provided.

It is my house but it is rented out.

They have always either kept (for me to pick up and I am in the area at least twice a month) or forwarded all mail.

aha all the better

claimform was issued whilst not resident in the country.?

and they knew this?

and they

nope go tell the court that or do the N244 set aside.

if you've written proof you were out the country and they knew that before the issuance of the claim form

job done.

just need some

one to do a bit of digging for you on a defence for the original claim.

hoping erics brother should pop in

he'll help but well need detailed photos and height of signs location etc etc

get that moving can yo?

and they

Many thanks for your time to reply.

I am permanently resident in Amsterdam. Will the short term rental lease for my house be good evidence as proof of being out of the country?

Gathering evidence could be difficult as I am not in England. I need to think about this and how it might be possible to do it.

You dont write to them, you need to contact the court.

If you received a court claim and then sent it back to the parking co or Gladstones they will throw their hands up in glee and order a round of drinks at your expense because they arent going to tell you or the courts that they have been sent the paperwok in error.

I wrote to DEL asking for set-aside and this is their reply:

Thank you for your email.

We were provided your details from the Hire Company.

The address we have on record is the same address as you have provided to us.

As such, we are confident that the address was suitable for service under the Civil Procedure Rules.

We are of the opinion that there is no real prospect of success in you defending the claim.

Nor do we believe that there is any other compelling reason why the judgment should be set aside.

For these reasons we are not prepared to consent to the judgment being set aside.

You may still apply to have the judgment set aside.

Details of how to do this, and the costs involved, can be found at

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/overview.

Kind regards,

Dyl Kurpil

MD

yes. It goes back to the court that issued the judgement.

However, giving us the full story will help us help you with putting a reason for the set-aside forward.

The parking co not having the right to make a claim would be a good one.

On the pluse side,

if you win this and the following rehearing the parking co will have to pay your travel.

I know of one case where someone had to come back from south America for one of these petty claims that had no merit and got £4k for his air fare

I had parked in the Surrey County hall car park.

It was dark and raining and I remember looking for signs for park striations.

There was certainly no barrier to stop me from going into the car park if it was a private car park.

And I remember looking for any signs for parking limitations but didn't find any.

The person I was with works for Surrey County Council in Kingston and she didn't know if I was allowed or not to park there.

I didn't know until the car rental company debited their admin charge on credit card that I had a parking charge.

I paid their admin charge.

They told me the I need to pay DEL GBP70 asap to close this matter.

Car rental company sent me the notice to pay the charge by email.

I thought I had made this payment to DEL but for reasons that I don't know, payment never went through.

The bank has since corrected their mistake and paid the GBP70 to DEL.

I did't find this out until I received the letter from Gladys and their debt collectors last week that I hadn't paid the charge.

I never received any post from DEL.

DEL now claims that the letter was never collected from the Post Office.

My tenants never received any notification of any delivery.

I live in Amsterdam and the house where the 2 letters were sent is mine.

There are tenants living in the property since 7th April.

I have a signed lease agreement with them.

They have always forwarded all posts to me.

oh well go get that admin fee back too , that's unlawful for them to do that.

and they

Should I ask DEL to return the GBP70?

As I never received the copy of the judgement,

where can find the info I need to fill in the N244 form?

DEL will not send me anything.

This weekend, I will be able to take photos of the car park in Kingston.

use the search CAG box of the top red tool bar

N244

or set aside a CCJ

as for getting your money back

I meant the admin fee charged by the hire Com.

they are unlawful penalties

and they

under FCA rules any fee levied as a 'penalty' for doing something you might not or should not have done is deemed unlawful

and anyway

the hire company has no contract at all with the parking Co, so should not be levying any charges

and they