Misdirected Court Payment

furgasm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This has me confused. I am hopeful that someone out there might be able to give me a steer with this.

Compensation payments were awarded to me by our Magistrates Court in March 2012 (over four years ago.)

I have received BACS payments in drips and drabs and sporadically up until last month.

Yesterday, and completely out of the blue, I received a letter from HM Court Tribunals Service stating that following an internal investigation it transpires that I was not entitled to these and that I must pay them back immediately so that they can be forwarded to 'the correct recipient' !!!

No explanation. No apology!

What do you think?

I was awarded approx. £700

£549 received to date.

Latest payment received October 16

Extract from local paper.. 2012.

X was sent to prison for 12 weeks after failing to comply with a suspended sentence order made in March to attend unpaid work on July and a supervision appointment on August

X was given six weeks for the original offence of assaulting Y on November last year.

Four weeks concurrent for assaulting Z by beating , also on November

Six weeks consecutive for trespass and stealing beer on May ,

and six weeks concurrent for causing criminal damage to glassware to the value of Pounds 800.

Reading this again it could be that the £800 was meant for the damage! and not Me! ??