Insurance issues

bartonski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I'm having some major issues with insurance companies which I need help on trying to figure out my rights.

Firstly.

In August I needed to change cars as my old 2ltr Volvo had packed up on me.

I needed to get something cheap to run so was looking at the 1.5ltr range of second hand cars.

My insurance company was apparently unable to find brokers to insure me for anything without raising my current premium of £1500 per month to £2300 per month even for a smaller and cheaper car.

They came back to me with only one broker offering this inflated price and that was it.

I should mention that my situation hadnt changed since I took out the original insurance and it had only been a couple of months anyhow.

I had the choice of either pay the extra £800 or pay £550 in fines for early cancellation.

Can this be legal?

To only offer your customer one choice on insurance or cancellation.

I just feel I was forced financially into a situation as there is no way I could afford to drive with the premium offered.

I had to take the cancellation and now facing court action.

I'd just like to know my rights, if any on this.

Secondly.

After cancelling that policy I shopped around for another one.

Before purchasing online I rang that insurance company to check how many NCB I had accumulated.

I was told 2 which I asked to verify with an email.

I took a new policy out on that basis and haven't received the email to verify this yet.

I should have waited but needed insurance quickly so went ahead on that info alone.

I ring up 3 weeks later and ask for proof but now I'm told I have zero NCB points.

My current insurer says that will raise my insurance by £1800 to £3000 a year which I can't afford.

No car means no job for me as I live in the countryside so this is going to have a massive effect on my life.

Do I have any right to ask my previous insurance company to put things right here?

That is a pretty shocking cancellation fee. Can you tell us on what basis they are demanding it? Is it in their contract? Please could you link us to the contract and also maybe tell us which paragraph it is.

Secondly, why is it that you thought you had two years no claims bonus and suddenly you have none at all? Have you had an explanation for this?

Also please look at this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?457747-Schedule-2-Part-1 especially 4A, 4A and 6A

Hi. I'm having some major issues with insurance companies which I need help on trying to figure out my rights.

Firstly. In August I needed to change cars as my old 2ltr Volvo had packed up on me. I needed to get something cheap to run so was looking at the 1.5ltr range of second hand cars. My insurance company was apparently unable to find brokers to insure me for anything without raising my current premium of £1500 per month to £2300 per month even for a smaller and cheaper car. They came back to me with only one broker offering this inflated price and that was it. I should mention that my situation hadmt changed since I took out the original insurance and it had only been a couple of months anyhow.

So I had the choice of either pay the extra £800 or pay £550 in fines for early cancellation.

Can this be legal? To only offer your customer one choice on insurance or cancellation. I just feel I was forced financially into a situation as there is no way I could afford to drive with the premium offered. I had to take the cancellation and now facing court action. I'd just like to know my rights, if any on this.

Secondly. After cancelling that policy I shopped around for another one. Before purchasing online I rang that insurance company to check how many NCB I had accumulated. I was told 2 which I asked to verify with an email. I took a new policy out on that basis and haven't received the email to verify this yet. I should have waited but needed insurance quickly so went ahead on that info alone.

I ring up 3 weeks later and ask for proof but now I'm told I have zero NCB points. My current insurer says that will raise my insurance by £1800 to £3000 a year which I can't afford. No car means no job for me as I live in the countryside so this is going to have a massive effect on my life. Do I have any right to ask my previous insurance company to put things right here?

Suggest you register a formal complaint in writing about the change of car problems and being wrongly informed about NCB.

When you first approached this company about change of car, did you actually have a different car to Insure or were you just checking ? Was there a gap between getting rid of the Volvo and buying the new car ? Did you advise the Insurers at the time you got rid of the Volvo ?

You can ask full breakdown of the cancellation amount and the contract terms relating to cancellation. I suspect you are being charged short term rates and not pro rata. They might charge you say 40% of the annual premium, even if you have just been with them 2 months. You changed the contract by needing to remove the Volvo from cover and as you are not happy with their new premium for a different car, the cancellation will be subject to the policy contract terms.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

£1500 - £2300 per MONTH, good lord!!!!

...for a 1.5ltr

What is your job title? ......Sky Diver? ... Blind Stunt man/woman?

Do you live in Crime Capital, crime close and no1 criMe house?

Apologies for my sarcasim but your insurance per year is nearly £28k!!!??

£1500 - £2300 per MONTH, good lord!!!!

...for a 1.5ltr

What is your job title? ......Sky Diver? ... Blind Stunt man/woman?

Do you live in Crime Capital, crime close and no1 criMe house?

Apologies for my sarcasim but your insurance per year is nearly £28k!!!??

I think its a typing error and means per year, not per month

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.