Exercise 4 less

gemmasummer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,I would please like some advice please regarding this matter.

me and my partner signed a 12 month contract at exercise 4 less last December 2016.

In August 2016 I decided we wanted to end the membership and cancelled the direct debit.

Since then to which it is still continuing they will not leave us alone ,to the point of harassment now.

I've been in touch with citizens advice and consumer helpline but they are not helping the situation , they told me to pay up.

I've wrote to Harlonds/CRS numerous times and the matter is not getting dealt with .

I have writhen to come to an amicable resolution .

I even came to an agreement to pay but a few days later I got a letter from there so called dept recovery .

I rang and they said they have no recollection of me calling.

So now they have written to me again and said they have recalled the phone call and are willing to settle the dept for me and my partner for £157 for them to go away

I've had enough now ,

can you give some advice please so I can deal with them once and for all

thanks gemma

Slick will be along with better advice in good time.

However, IMO, ALL you would owe is two maybe three payments, that is all.

STOP talking to Harlands/CRS (they're the same) deal direct with the gym, and ONLY in writing/email, never EVER over the phone.

How much was the monthly fee?

When did the last payment leave your account?

All of the fees/charges that CRS/Harlands have added can be ignored, they're unenforceable, and they never go near a court because they know they'd be laughed out the place.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi , yes I had come to conclusion that they where both the same company.

The monthly fee for both me and my partner was £20, however due to where we live we hardly went to this gym

. I know I should never of signed this contract and should of read the small print, however lesson learnt.

The last payment taken was the 29th of July

No payments have been taken since.

Put they are continually trying it on and putting the pressure on to pay up

.When I spoke to them Tuesday I asked if this would go to a small claim court to which there reply was nothing. thanks gemma

Please don't fall for their tricks

They are not bailiff s

And have no legal powers whatsoever

A dca is nothing of the sort!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi GS and welcome to CAG

I assume there were no grounds for cancelling such as redundancy, ill health or relocation, but please confirm.

If that's the case, you really have no grounds to cancel before the initial 12 months is up, however ..........

........... we believe Harlands/CRS adding (unlawful and unenforceable) ever increasing amounts of admin charges is unfair to you as a customer and this actually DOES gives you grounds to cancel.

Stay off the phone and ignore Harlands/CRS demands, texts, phone calls, etc. Don't call them again and, if they call you, just hang up.

When Harlands/CRS fail to scare you, they'll pass it on to the Zinc Group, followed by Spratt Endicott (Harlands current pet solicitor). You can continue to ignore contact from them too but keep us informed of what they say.

Read other threads here to see what happens with Harlands/CRS cases.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi ,so I've to just ignore them and have no contact including letters ?.Do they have the power to send the bailiffs to my door?, or does it have to go court for them to enforce this ,as this is what I worry about .As for cancelling the membership yes we did break agreement ,due to personal issues but the way its continuing is ridiculous now .I got to a point of, I will pay them just to get rid of them ,but realised this is exactly what they want.thanks gemma

Bailiffs ha ha ha ha ha....., you can rest assured that there is absolutely no chance of bailiffs ever turning up for a gym debt.

And YES, the GYM, would need to take you to court first, (they won't) then they have to convince the judge to award you a CCJ, (they won't) then you would have to default on the court order telling you what to pay, they would then have to go back to court and convince the judge again, that they should appoint court certified bailiffs. They won't.

Forget any notion of Bailiffs, this is a poxy gym debt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi GS,

Please see the PM I've sent you.

From your reply, I assume there were no relevant or acceptable reasons to cancel, even though you refer to personal reason (which we don't need to know).

As BBoo says, this is extremely unlikely to go anywhere near a court, even though you were a bit naughty cancelling in the way you did.

Keep us posted ...............

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

yes I've got your pm thanks .I will never ever be signing a gym contract again ,I did write to them before hand to let them know I wanted to cancel, but lesson learnt. thanks for information and IL keep you informed of any responses I receive.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just a quick update since I last messaged.

I received a letter from trading standards that they had received a number of complaints ,including mine and they had set up a meeting with Exercise 4 less.

I have not heard back from them yet,

however in the last week I have had phone calls, texts form Harlands/CRS everyday to contact them its urgent, to which I have blocked the numbers and not spoken to them.

I am yet waiting on a letter which I am sure they will send with more threating warnings ,too which I will ignore .

Hi GS,

What's the address of the TS that's written to you.

If you have time, could you write to TS again saying that, as part of their investigation, they really need to address the bullying and harassing tactics used by Harlands/CRS.

That would be useful, thanks.

I received a letter from trading standards that they had received a number of complaints ,including mine and they had set up a meeting with Exercise 4 less.

Now this is good news!!

Hi Gemma,

Sorry to be a pain but can you read my last post again and reply to my Q's.

This is really important !!

Thanks. :-)

I would like to also add a complaint to wherever it was that you complained to - I have been harassed by Harlands for going on 3 years now and would like to put a stop to it - not just for me! Where did you complain to Gemma?

Can you start your own thread please?

3 years of harassment is a criminal offence, BUT, it depends on how you have reacted to their puerile petty letters.

If you have been ignoring them for three years and they have persister, then IMO you should seek legal advice with a serious view of prosecuting them in court for the criminal offence of harassment.

However, start your own thread and let us know the story.

That's ok BBoo.

TMum has a long-standing thread in this forum.

What I'd really still like is for Gemma to answer my Q's in post #13.

This would be helpful in the fight we're having with Harlands.