Sofology Issues. Want a Refund.. Guidance Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought 2 and 3 seater leather Couches after extensive help and guidance from their salespeople in the Chester Store earlier this year..

Both Arrived scuffed on the backside of the couches seams, with the leather of the cushion on the right hand side of the 2 seater snagged and the finishing of some of the stitching on both being really poor..

After an unacceptable repair attempt to the snagging, to their credit after an 8 - 10 week wait Sofology replaced the right hand side panel of the 2 seater. With the prior visit the engineer also repaired the scuffs and stitching on both couches.. Not bad service I thought overall, but it should never of happend.. Poor handling of goods led to the issue.

However 9 months in... and around the seams of the seat cushions on the 3 seater couch the top layer of the Leather is now peeling away. Not wear and tear and cannot be the case for a couch that is only 9 months old.

After failing to respond to my emails regarding this issue I eventually get a response after venting my frustrations on Social media nearly two weeks after the initial complaint being made. After lengthy discussions, again to their credit they have said they will replace all three sections of the 3 seater couch.

However after taking additional photos at their request, such as the batch ID label, I went as you would to double check the 2 seater for any issues or defects which may I add has rarely been sat on. Unfortunately to my dismay this too is showing signs of the same issue..

Even the section they already replaced just over 6 months ago is starting to peal on the seating cushion around the seams. Understanderbly I now have no confidence of them being able to repair this issue properly for the long term, given it is happening to a section they already replaced. It is clearly poor quality and a Manufacturer defect with the product.

I have a car with leather Seats that have done 170,000 miles people sitting on them that look as new still..? So with all this mind I am in the process of trying to obtain a full refund, as after doing even more research this is a common issue with this company over the years and I have no confidence that this will be entirely resolved to an acceptable manne for the long term..

I Wish to use SOGA here, I know my Consumer rights, Good not matching description not of Satisfactory quality and not fit for purpose. I do not wish to go through their jargon ombudsman (not legally binding) and prepared to go to court if I need too I think I have a very winnable case..

Advice would be useful, what should I do next? I was going to lodge a full complaint to their complaint department and CEO..

The only outcome I am prepared to accept is a full refund..

Are you sure they're made of real leather?

Your car seats don't peel because they're made of real leather, I'm not too sure your sofas are the same.

After 12 years of abusing my leather sofas, the leather is worn and cracking in some places, but the hidden parts are still as good as new.

Surely a manufacturing defect with yours.

Its actually Real Leather... What type I am not so sure..

Either way its of very poor quality for this to happen..

I have had a call from Sofology this afternoon.. Initially they invited me to select a replacement in store, however I explained a number of factors why we wish not to do this.. Our Confidence with Sofology is shot pieces and their is no other leather couches they have on offer that match the dimensions we require.. These Couches where perfect for what we needed for our living room..

Given the history surrounding the purchase, they are offering a full refund at our request.. The Couches get collected on Monday...

Credit where credit is due.. if they do keep to their word, their customer service has not been too shabby (when they do get in touch)

Result..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I was reading your thread and it sounds like I have exactly the same issue as you. I couldn't unfortunately view your images. I purchased my sofa from Sofology in June 2015 for £2700. Within six months parts of it started to peel away. When I saw the first mark I thought I had spilled bleach on it but it happened in different areas. I rang SofaWorks and they send some guy around and he cover it over, but a few months after that patches are appearing everywhere. They tried to blame it on wear and tear. I don't have children and I take care of it and it is not abused. I rang them again today and basically they're saying 'Sorry not our problem' and won't do anything. I am so angry as I paid so much money for it and wasn't told about this possible issue when I was buying it. I feel like I've been missold!!! If you could, could you try and send me the images of your sofa so I can compare with mine.

Many thanks

Mike

• 1 month later...

Im having the same problem too. I purchased my sofa from sofology in 2014, this cost me almost £4000 and I paid for it on finance for 4 years, I also took out the insurance & bought the cleaning kit and followed the care instructions. Within a year of owning this sofa I noticed one of the chairs on my corner sofa, the leather was peeling. I rang them and was told to fill in an online form and submit photos to them. I done this and then received a call to say I had to pay £47 for a technician to call out and have a look. The technician came and repaired it and told me to my face that there was a fault in the leather. 1 year and a bit later the other chairs (the other 3 on my corner and separate chair) are going the same way. I called into a store and was told to ring customer services & that there was a known fault in the "liqourice" leather sofas. I rang customer services who then escalated this to the technician team. They then asked me to email some photos over, a week passed and I had no reply to my email or a phone call. I then rang them up to be deeply offended by their attitude, I was told that the technician who came to my house put this down to "poor maintenance" !! I take very good care of my sofa and I'm very house proud. I asked to speak to someone else and was told I would receive a call in 2 days time by the manager to discuss this further. I have just received the call and offered a solution, I pay almost £400 to purchase new leather and they will pay the technician to repair this. I was told again that this is down to my poor maintenance, that this is wear & tear, my sofa is now out of warranty (I was never told about this) and that I have had my sofa for sometime now (I've had it 2 year and paying for it over 4 year so would expect it to last longer). I told them I am not paying for the leather replacement and I am now waiting for another phonecall as this has been escalated again. Could you please advise me on what I should do next ? Thank you