Speeding ticket + perverting the course of justice, help needed!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, really hope someone can help me,

around a year ago my boyfriend was driving my car and I was sent a speeding ticket,

he has been very abusive to me and the police also have records of this,

we are no longer together but at the time he threatened me regarding informing the police that he was driving the vehicle at the time,

I told the police I didn't know who the driver was and wrote a random name which was silly of me but I was scared he would do something to me.

Now I have received a letter from the police to plead guilty or non guilty for the speeding ticket and perverting the course of justice,

I'm really scared and confused now

I've never been in trouble with the police before,

I'm hoping someone on here can give me advice,

thank you in advance.

I think the time has come to name him and p'haps contact them and explain exactly what you have here.

violent or potentially violent relationship etc etc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think the time has come to name him and p'haps contact them and explain exactly what you have here.

violent or potentially violent relationship etc etc.

dx

Absolutely spot on!

OP : the police / CPS / court's can no longer go after the original driver for the speeding itself but a prosecution for perverting the court of justice is possible.

They still want to know who was driving to know if they need to investigate if the keeper (the OP) was acting alone, acting with another, or made to do so by another.

This is a potentially serious offence, but you certainly have mitigating circumstances, and potentially a defence (acting under duress).

Consider seeking advice from a solicitor.

Hi,

I feel for you as I know a friend who has been in a violent relationship in the past and the damage it has done.

Is the letter a court summons or just a letter of intent. If it is the latter, I would be making an appointment with the local plod to go in and discuss the matter.

If, when you go, they officially caution you, you are automatically allowed to have a duty solicitor present. I would do that. As Perverting the Course of Justice is a potentially serious offence, you should get legal aid if you cannot afford a lawyer.

As the police have records of the previous abuse, they should be able to reconcile what you did and why. Your ex is more likely to get arrested for the crime once named.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE