Weather Feelings and Thoughts-This Winter is Shaping up if you are a coldie.Perhaps.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i have never seen anything like it.

I have been watching the weather models like a hawk.For a week or so.

Not one of them is sure what is going to happen.

I watched one weather presenter very experienced guy,even say so on the BBC.

However one thing seems to becoming clearer,it is not going to be like last year.All the Atlantic storms rolling in one after another.

This could be a winter to remember.

I enjoy the storms as being a beachcomber this is when i collect many things from the shoreline.

But understand it is hell for others.

Latest is that we could have a winter like we have not had for quite a while.

But this is just beginning to surface far away from our shores.

Amazing what can affect our tiny island.

The weather models at the moment are very good entertainment.

So what else is there to say.

Well i have bought a sleigh and a snow shovel.And put a small bet on snow for Christmas.

Also have my barbecue and leopard skin bikini nearby just in case.

What do you think is going to happen this winter.

This is where i hang out in winter just in case you want to check things out.

If you are a weather lover read a few pages back,perhaps a week if you have time,strap yourself in and enjoy the banter.

And the weather models.A right old battle taking place.

Check out how disappointed some get when the cold suggestions evaporate but then get excited as things change again.:madgrin:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86580-model-output-discussions-06z-041116/?page=176

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am loving the leopard skin bikini. My preference is a furry lined bikini...

As I'm hibernating indoors & will rarely venture out through winter unless it's urgent or extremely important!

Stocking up on Christmas supplies has begun. So bring on winter, I have nowt to fear!! Lol

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Make the most of it

Earth warming to climate tipping point, warns study

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38146248

Some of us, and almost certainly our children may end up trying to live on a world fast becoming a new Venus.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Well latest i can find on things.

This week a little cold tomorrow when some wake up.

Then barbeque weather by Wednesday Thursday before possibilities of cooling down again.

I suppose many may realise what i am looking for.

This may happen or may not ,but i am watching the weather models like a hawk.

A few things weatherwise,this place in Russia had a light dusting of snow this week.

Hardly worth talking about really.

2vw8aj8.jpg

Malaga is flooded out and a good few Tornadoes and waterspouts this week over there.

Here is one of the Tornados.Someone i feel has lost their crops.

As for myself i am a coldie of that there is no doubt.Model thread i linked to earlier is a sad place to be when cold possibilities vanish,but things can change fast and if they do i will post every few days.With names like Frosty they all try as hard as they can to find the cold from somewhere.We seem to be looking 10 days in front now and remain upbeat.

So what else for now is there to say.I am dreaming as i have since a kid.You cannot beat a White Christmas.

Let us have a tune.

And yes i will be watching Home Alone as if i had never seen it before and roaring with laughter once again.

And just thinking of a tune

Will be back shortly.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl

I have not had time yet to check the weather models out,i am heading there soon to chill.

I feel many of us enjoy talking and watching the weather with the twists and turns.

So thought i would put a video of a small hail storm on.

I believe bit could be wrong,that massive hailstones are caused when small hailstones cannot break through the warm air lower down so keep being forced back up into the colder air and gaining another layer of ice till they are that heavy they can break through the warmer air.

Oh go on then,last one then i am off.

10 of the Strangest Weather Occurrences Ever

Back with more if you can take the punishment.But really up to date events taking place all over the world.

In a couple of days or so.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Hi Determindator.

Yes it is quite mild now.Just checked St Albans 10 deg at 7-30am,not bad at all.

Such a historic area.Romans,Celts,Tribes.The Cathedral.

And of course St Alban himself.A very interesting area.

Who need to travel abroad when such interesting places to visit are right here in the UK.

Weather models at the moment are as usual having a time trying to work out things.

Of course some of us perhaps are looking to far ahead,which leaves many coldies scratching their heads.

One day possibilities another day spirits sink quicker than a New Years eve party.

One thing today is for sure,some of us will have barbecue weather.

But who can remember what 1947 started off like.Never mind 1963

A change for a moment.Last night,Siberia,Russia a meteorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFSZn9VoBBE

Back for a moment to a snowshower.

A light covering overnight.

Early days yet if you are a cold lover.

I am gone,bye for now.

Just updating for those that are following the Model Thread on Netweather.

Things have moved on as winter started.

This link is the latest where you can learn about weather models and meet people with names like Frosty,Glacier point ,Steve Muir ,Tamara and weathermen who post as well.

Very interesting place for weather lovers.And to learn a little or a lot about what affect us here in the UK.

Or just the latest thoughts.

And if cold weather is forecast check out how the members get a touch excited,myself included.

The forum explodes.With happiness,but if mild weather is forecast,oh dear.

Model output discussion - 5th December 2016 - Into Winter we go

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86783-model-output-discussion-5th-december-2016-into-winter-we-go/

• 2 weeks later...

Well as usual i have been carefully watching the weather models.

It seems for many of us over the next few days,everything is possibly going to be thrown at us including the kitchen sink.

At one time I thought the stormy weather was going to drift up towards Greenland and miss us and leave us calm.

But things change so rapidly sometimes from one day to the next.

So rather than drone on to much better leave you with the possibilities.

I do like using the word possibilities.

Video: Increasingly Windy, Stormy For Christmas?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=7848;sess=

And

Frequent spells of severe weather on the way.

The words wet & windy are going to be in frequent use during the run-in to Christmas and for at least a while beyond it too, with the first of those spells just showing it's hand into the northwest of Scotland and west of Ireland this morning.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=7849;sess=

Did you notice the Weather Man mention possible Thundersnow.:madgrin:

Further north, and particularly the north and west of Scotland it's all about those showers tomorrow, they're going to become increasingly frequent, heavy, squally and even thundery, organising themselves into bands at times. They'll also be falling as sleet and snow over the high ground, so thundersnow a possibility for some, and treacherous travel conditions on higher routes especially as the snow accumulates.

The Coldies amongst us would celebrate such a thing happening with a tune.:-D

What is Thundersnow.

What is thundersnow?

Where can thundersnow occur?

What conditions cause thundersnow?

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-is-thundersnow

I would love to just shut the door and hibernate ! Unfortunately, the dogs, whatever the weather want - no demand - their daily constitutional.

I understand Storm Barbara is heading our way with, as TO says.. everything and the kitchen sink ! :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

2010 and this was Toby's first experience of snow - he loves it !

2012 he became a lot braver and went out with his sister, without a jacket on !

Ooh, what is it.jpg

I like it.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02163.jpg

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB.

Lovely pictures of your dogs enjoying the snow.

As you mentioned Storm Barbara,i thought I had better put a link on.Quite a powerful storm.

And as it has been so calm it will be quite a shock for us.

A video which is followed by other videos all about Barbara
which has travelled across the Atlantic so quickly.

Storm Barbara heading our way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK90qZE86e8

Doesn't look very friendly, does it ?

BCOBS

Well, i am finding the weather patterns very interesting.

Storms, so many temperature variations.

There are rumours that on Christmas day as a front slides south and before the cooler air comes in, we could for a short while have record breaking temperatures somewhere in the country, perhaps in Scotland somewhere, on Christmas Day, can you believe it.

This would have to be above 15.6 C getting on for 60 Degrees Fahrenheit.

There were other thoughts at one time of a storm called Conor following fast on the heels of Barbara but i have lost track of that and would have thought i would have seen that possible development.

Looking back on this thread and really do not really like to think politically when talking about the weather.

But tobyjuggs2 posting about the warming up.Quote below.

Make the most of it

Earth warming to climate tipping point, warns study

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38146248

Some of us, and almost certainly our children may end up trying to live on a world fast becoming a new Venus.

Just been reading this, and makes you wonder if the Artic should be left alone.

And renewables and things such as Gas from Grass are far better ideas.If the will is there.

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/our-green-energy/our-green-gas/what-is-green-gas

Arctic's year of crazy extremes as warming hits overdrive Twice as fast as the rest of the globe

A few parts of the article pasted that makes you think about things.

The news about the record warm Arctic comes as president-elect Trump has named Rex Tillerson, the chief executive of ExxonMobil, as his secretary of state. As head of the world’s largest private oil company, Tillerson and Exxon “had begun a drilling program in the Arctic’s Kara Sea, where Exxon made a find, and had agreed to explore shale oil areas of West Siberia and deep waters of the Black Sea,” note Steven Mufson and two Washington Post colleagues today. But this was halted by sanctions on Russia.

The irony is that if Arctic drilling goes forward, the resulting fossil fuels will surely make global warming even worse — but global warming, by reducing the amount sea ice, will also have also made drilling easier to pull off.

http://www.toledoblade.com/World/2016/12/13/Arctic-s-year-of-crazy-extremes-as-warming-hits-overdrive.html

Doesn't look very friendly, does it ?

Not very friendly at all CitizenB

But i must admit these storms with the huge waves and movement of articles in the sea have me licking my lips.

This is when i trawl the Shoreline picking up the treasures that have been left or churned up by the power of the storms.:madgrin:

I must make a video of one of these adventures,showing you the treasures.

Ambergris,coconuts,full size snooker table once,seaglass,ships sometimes.

Last ship only left biscuits,miles of digestive biscuits.:lol: Pottery from long lost villages so many treasures.

It is amazing what can turn up,great chains,huge pieces of wood weighing tons.But i do not carry a chainsaw with me unfortunately.:lol:

And the weight of the wood,well that is another tale.

I am getting carried away,better return to weather thoughts.

Not very friendly at all CitizenB

But i must admit these storms with the huge waves and movement of articles in the sea have me licking my lips.

This is when i trawl the Shoreline picking up the treasures that have been left or churned up by the power of the storms.:madgrin:

I must make a video of one of these adventures,showing you the treasures.

Ambergris,coconuts,full size snooker table once,seaglass,ships sometimes.

Last ship only left biscuits,miles of digestive biscuits.:lol: Pottery from long lost villages so many treasures.

It is amazing what can turn up,great chains,huge pieces of wood weighing tons.But i do not carry a chainsaw with me unfortunately.:lol:

And the weight of the wood,well that is another tale.

I am getting carried away,better return to weather thoughts.

They are indeed quite spectacular and I imagine you find some really interesting things on the beach after storms.

BCOBS

I'm dreaming of a sunburned Christmas,

On a wind swept beach at the north pole

Where penguins sizzle

and ne'er a drizzle

of snow

to help the heat to go

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I'm dreaming of a sunburned Christmas,

On a wind swept beach at the north pole

Where penguins sizzle

and ne'er a drizzle

of snow

to help the heat to go

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/24/sweaty-santa-north-pole-temperatures-forecast-20-degrees-warmer/

Santa Claus may have to shed some layers of clothing as he sets off around the world this Christmas.

The North Pole is expected to see a record-breaking heatwave, with temperatures at the North Pole forecast to reach 20 degrees higher than average on Christmas Eve.

BCOBS

and, a 'killer' supervolcano is stirring again..apparently :)

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/241548-supervolcano-may-killed-off-europes-neanderthals-stirring

oops, shldnt be posting :tape2:. but it is christmas :party:

It's ok Ford, like you say it's Christmas :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thumb.gif

'..While there’s no evidence yet that the volcano is definitively preparing a Mt. Tambora-equivalent blast, a new volcanic winter could imperil millions of lives across the globe...'

the end is nigh...:faint2:

the end is nigh...:faint2:

Give's a shout if you find a hiding place, I'll go with you :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert