Halifax's policy of not responding to letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI !:)

ADVICE PLEASE

I have a secured loan with the Halifax, currently owing approx £15k

Until approx 9months ago, I had no problems with my repayments, which were £176.00 per month.

Due to the current economic climate, I found I could not make these payments as I should on a regular basis.

I wrote to them explaining my circumstances, using the letter templates on this website and enclosing a budget sheet.

I offered them £41.00 per month; to which they refused to accept and told me that they would accept £160.00 per month.

I asked them to reconsider and in the meantime, I`m paying them £10.25 per week, I`m still awaiting their response.

I have just had an "agent" of theirs at my door

- so I told him that I do not discuss such private and confidential matters on the doorstep and that I would only communicate in writing.

I then reminded him that since he was on private property uninvited, he should close the gate on his way out.

:???::???::???::???:What should I do......more to the point, what can the Halifax do:-?:-?:-?:-?

Hi there. I am sorry but the problem is that this is a a secured loan which is treated the same as a mortgage. They will only accept the monthly payments or you will be classed as in arrears, after that they will start court proceedings.

Have you asked for a payment holiday as sometimes they can offer this or even interest only.

Is the financial problem temporary or permanent.

olivesxx

• 3 years later...

:mad2:Hi,

Just a bit of guidance would be appreciated in dealing with HBOS and their apparent policy of ignoring letters.

I have a secured loan with them, which went into arrears way back in 2008.

I came to an arrangement with them to pay back those arrears on a monthly basis.

HBOS have been sending letters telling me that my account is in arrears and that I need to contact them urgently in order to arrange to pay those arrears

(even though they know full well that I already have a repayment arrangement with them which is up to date)

- they make no mention whatsoever that that arrangement is up for review.

The scenario is as thus:

1). I write to them (recorded delivery) pointing out that if they check their records they will see that I already have a repayment plan in place.

2). They write back telling me that I have failed to contact them as per their previous correspondence.

3). I write back (recorded delivery)referring to my previous correspondence (1).

4). They write back still insisting that I have failed to contact them.

5). I send a further letter to them (recorded delivery) referring to my two previous letters (1. and 3.)

And so the whole scenario continues like an unscripted Ealing comedy.

Why the hell they cannot just write advising me that my repayment plan is due for review is any ones guess.

The whole carry on is becoming very frustrating, time consuming and very costly for me.

Has anyone any advice on how to effectively deal with these incongenital idiots ?

Many thanks,

Martin

got any PENALTY charges?

get reclaiming ignore the pratts!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Martin, my guess is your letters are going to one department and the ''replies'' are actually templates coming from another,

Formal Complaint to the directors office should help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Has anyone else had trouble getting the Halifax to respond or even acknowledge letters that you have sent them ?

I owe £400 in arrears on a loan taken out a few years ago,

Halifax have written to me offering to consolidate these arrears by way of increased contractual payments ( which is what I'm paying them anyway) and in return they will mark my credit file as up to date.

They want me to ring them if I'm interested to discuss the matter.

I don't discuss my financial affairs over the phone,

I wrote to them agreeing to and accepting their offer..

.... No response whatsoever, zooch !

It is always the same carry on whenever I write to them .

.....they just blank my written communication to the point on several occaision' I've had to lodge a formal complaint with them.

Has anyone actually managed to get a written response or is it just me they ignore ?

Hi Martin

Welcome back to CAG.I would suggest raising a formal complaint to the head of the bank. You can do so through the email

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi,

Has anyone else had trouble getting the Halifax to respond or even acknowledge letters that you have sent them ?

I owe £400 in arrears on a loan taken out a few years ago,

Halifax have written to me offering to consolidate these arrears by way of increased contractual payments ( which is what I'm paying them anyway) and in return they will mark my credit file as up to date.

They want me to ring them if I'm interested to discuss the matter.

I don't discuss my financial affairs over the phone,

I wrote to them agreeing to and accepting their offer..

.... No response whatsoever, zooch !

It is always the same carry on whenever I write to them .

.....they just blank my written communication to the point on several occaision' I've had to lodge a formal complaint with them.

Has anyone actually managed to get a written response or is it just me they ignore ?

Ironically, they have sent me yet another letter identical to the original one they sent offering to consolidate my arrears 🤔

Hi Martin

I'm in the same position as you.

I wrote to Halifax, Collection and Recoveries Team on the 8th August 2016, advising them I cannot make payments and detailing an income and expenditure sheet, they ignore this.

Then, their Customer Priority Team sends me a letter 2 weeks ago.

I reply, with a nasty letter, and enclosing a copy of income and expenditure and advising I can't pay.

To date, Halifax ignore all my letters also.